Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

the guy i live with is a huge phish fan, and he mentioned that theyre releasing a 7" /500 for rsd.

but he also knows as much about vinyl as i know about phish.

It is called Two Soundchecks and features 2 soundchecks. It is the first "live" phish recordings to be on vinyl. The 7" will be numbered out of 2000 copies (this is on their website, fyi)

nice. it was really funny when he brought it up- "i guess phish is coming out with one of those small records on record day. and i read that the store here will have copies and im really thinking about going and lining up because they only made like 500 of them."

it was precious.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More new releases posted here:

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2011/02/record-store-day-rsd-2011-rsd11.html

Looks like a new Rise Against 7", Flogging Molly 7", Mumford & Sons 10", Re-issues of 3 My Morning Jacket Albums as 2x12" PICTURE DISCS, Matt & Kim 7" and more.

Geez, the list of releases just keeps growing and growing.

DAMIEN JURADO

Title: Live At Landlocked

900 copies

Live At Landlocked is Damien Jurado's first ever live release and was recorded on tour in support of his critically acclaimed Saint Bartlett, released in 2010. Heavy on tracks from Saint Bartlet, the live recording also includes fan favorites like "Denton, Texas" as well as an unreleased song titled "Thax Douglas #1" which Jurado wrote about the cult poet for WBEZ Chicago. In the spirit of Record Store Day Live At Landlocked was recorded at Landlocked Records in Bloomington, IN, the HQ of Secretly Canadian, on June 13th, 2010.

If someone doesn't pick this up for me on RSD, I'll probably cry like a bitch. I need this! :'(

Okay, now I'm excited. EITS color vinyl represses = yum

Explosions In The Sky? Why would they repress albums that are still available everywhere? Unless you're referring to the first one. Or unless EITS is an acronym for another band that I'm not aware of.

Do storesusually have a dedicated RSD area orisitlumpedin with the normal store stuff?

In my experience it's behind the counter with everyone asking for what they want when it's their turn. Still chaotic though.

Same experience.