Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This:

SING FOR YOUR MEAT (GUIDED BY VOICES TRIBUTE) - NO MORE FAKE LABELS 2011 on CD and 2LP Mixed colored vinyl

Flaming Lips - Smothered in Hugs

Western Civ - Goldheart Mountain Top Queen Directory and My Valuable Hunting Knife

Cymbals Eat Guitars - Gleemer

Sorry About Dresden - Echos Myron

Jason Isbell and the 400 unit - Everywhere with Helicopter

Crooked Fingers - Tractor Rape Chain

Elf Power - man called aerodynamics

I Was Totally Destroying It - I am produced

La Sera (Katy Goodman of Vivian Girls ) - Watch Me Jumpstart

The Pneurotics - I am a Tree

Kelley Deal and Buffalo Killers - scalding creek

Blitzen Trapper - Hot Freaks

Superdrag - A Salty Salute

David Kilgour (of The Clean) - How Loft Am I

Thurston Moore - Stabbing A Star

James Husband (Of Montreal) - Buzzards and Dreadful Crows

Lou Barlow (Dinosaur Jr, Sebadoh) - Game of Pricks

BONUS DIGITAL EP

Mass Solo Revolt (Athens, GA)- Gold Star for robot boy

Marie Stella (Portland, ME) - little lines

Free Electric State (Durham, NC) - Weedking

Gregg Yeti (Syracuse, NY) - Quality Of Armor

North Elementary (Chapel Hill, NC) - Ex Supermodel-They're Not Witches

Source: No More Fake Labels Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-More-Fake-Labels/116638951711247)

Also, if you've gone through the 6 pages of this thread, you'll see that I have been the most active in hunting down and posting releases. Would you like me to continue doing this for you guys?

I have the first pressing of Past is a...and I really don't see why there'd be any interest in a repress. B side is super disappointing.

that, and the fact it's a 2 song 12". it really doesn't make much sense, they're just getting in on the RSD hype i guess. they're also making the Owen 7" part of it. i have the first press too. people love their of Montreal, is it a good enough reason? 8-)

It's a cool 12", and I love oM, but I won't fork out any cash if it's the same exact thing. This is probably why why "found some in the back" to put back in the store too.

More info on the Coliseum/Superchunk:

The record will be limited to 2,000 copies, pressed on three different colors of vinyl, and will be released on April 16th for Record Store Day, so swing by your favorite local independent record store that day and grab one. For those of you without a nearby indie store, there will be a few hundred copies available from the labels’ mailorder and the bands on tour

Updates (including the pressing info for the Chamberlain Waits LP--going to be very SCARCE):

1) Black Market Baby 7"

01. POTENTIAL SUICIDE

02. YOUTH CRIMES

03. AMERICA'S YOUTH

04. KILLING TIME

Released nearly 30 years ago and out-of-print since then, Dr.Strange has finally re-released this legendary Killed By Death7" (originally on Limp Records) with two never before heard live versions of "America's Youth" and "Killing Time" from D.C's 9:30 Club in 1984. The studio tracks were originally recorded by Skip Groff at Inner Ear (Minor Threat, S.O.A., Teen Idles) and the live tracks by Government Issue's Tom Lyle. BLACK MARKET BABY influenced many of the early D.C. bands such as Minor Threat, S.O.A., Government Issue and more. Essential for early 80's hardcore fans

+ SPECIAL EDITION ON GOLD VINYL, LIMITED TO 200 COPIES AND ONLY AVAILABLE ON RECORD STORE DAY 2011!

+ OUT-OF-PRINT FOR NEARLY 30 YEARS!

+ INCLUDES TWO NEVER BEFORE RELEASED BONUS TRACKS

+ REMASTERED BY TOM LYLE OF GOVERNMENT ISSUE

+ ORIGINAL PRESSING REGULARLY SELLS FOR $100+

2) The Frustrators Griller 7"

01. STIGMA

02. WEST OF TEXAS (PART 2)

03. PRETTIEST GIRL

04. WE NEED TO TALK

Dr. Strange is very happy to bring you the first new release from THE FRUSTRATORS in nearly 8 years! Do NOT buy this because Mike Dirnt from Green Day is in the band... buy this because all 4 of these songs are catchier than herpes (trust the Doc on that, HE would know!). This brings the best aspects of Jawbreaker, (earlier) Green Day, and the solid punch of a Bay Area punk band at their boiling point. Great recording and songwriting make this a must have!

+ SPECIAL EDITION ON RED VINYL, LIMITED TO 200 COPIES AND ONLY AVAILABLE ON RECORD STORE DAY 2011!

+ FIRST NEW RELEASE IN 9 YEARS!

+ BAND LINE-UP INCLUDES MIKE DIRNT (OF GREEN DAY) ON BASS

+ MINI-TOURS OF THE EAST AND WEST COASTS PLANNED

3) THE MENZINGERS CHAMBERLAIN WAITS LP

01. WHO'S YOUR PARTNER?

02. I WAS BORN

03. HOME OUTGROWN

04. DEEP SLEEP

05. TIME TABLES

06. MALL CALL

07. TASKER-MORRIS STATION

08. SO IT GOES

09. NO WE DIDN'T

10. RIVALRIES

11. COME HERE OFTEN?

12. CHAMBERLAIN WAITS

After releasing an especially lauded EP and touring much of 2009, THE MENZINGERS were dubbed a "Band You Need To Know" in 2010 by Alternative Press and subsequently released their debut full length, proving why. Chamberlain Waits may very well be the most important record released so far by Red Scare and was even named the top release of 2010 by punknews.org! On this gem, THE MENZINGERS combine everything from punk and hardcore to folk, creating an undeniably infectious hybrid of hits. And finally, this instant classic is now available on vinyl!

+ RECORD STORE DAY VERSION ON SPECIAL BLUE VINYL, LIMITED TO 300 COPIES!

+ TOURED WITH THE GASLIGHT ANTHEM AND AGAINST ME! IN 2010; WARPED TOUR AND MORE PLANNED FOR 2011

From the inbox, bolding added by me:

Record Store Day is proud to announce the appointment of Ozzy Osbourne as the Record Store Day Ambassador 2011. "I now have the power to command you to attend Record Store Day, April 16th. Be there!”

Go to http://www.recordstoreday.com right now for a special message from the Ambassador himself.

As one of the most iconic figures in pop culture, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee and multi-Grammy winner Ozzy Osbourne has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide, approximately 50 million with his seminal metal band Black Sabbath and the rest as a solo artist, many of which were initially released on vinyl. On any given day you can hear Ozzy’s music blasting at sporting events, in the movies, on the radio, in TV commercials, video games or on your iPod.

The folks at Record Store Day couldn’t be more pleased than to have this true rock legend whose career has spanned four decades and whose music continues to be relevant today, as evidenced by 2010’s SCREAM (Ozzy’s 10th solo album, which entered the charts in the Top Ten in seven countries) and his in-progress 18-month world tour--as this year’s ambassador. “The Record Store Day Ambassador’s main purpose is to claim the mantle of greatness that conveys the majesty of the amazing array of releases made on the world’s only holiday devoted to music. We were thrilled when the inaugural position was held in 2009 by the Eagles of Death Metal front man Jesse “Boots Electric” Hughes, and was then followed in 2010 by QOTSA/Them Crooked Vultures’ Joshua Homme,” says Record Store Day co-founder Michael Kurtz. "We really didn’t know who could top this trajectory of camp and circumstance and, needless to say, we were gobsmacked when Ozzy stepped up to the plate."

Ozzy fans who come out to support Record Store Day will have the first chance to purchase a special 7” vinyl single of Diary of a Madman’s “Flying High Again” (with a live version of "I Don't Know" as the B side), along with full-length vinyl versions of the newly expanded 30th anniversary editions of his Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman albums.

Long revered by rock fans around the world, Blizzard of Ozz and Diary of a Madman form the cornerstone of Ozzy Osbourne's career as a solo artist and include the groundbreaking union of Ozzy and the late guitar prodigy Randy Rhoads. These two albums created a template for hard rock in the 1980's and beyond. "Crazy Train," the first single from Blizzard of Ozz, has become one of Ozzy's musical signatures, a perennial on the rock playlists and as part of Ozzy’s live performances. 30 years later, we are celebrating these releases and this special partnership.

HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Feb. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- To support Record Store Day on April 16, Capitol/EMI will release limited edition vinyl titles for The Beach Boys and Syd Barrett, to be sold exclusively by participating independent music retailers across the U.S.

The Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations"/"Heroes and Villains" will be released as a limited edition double 78RPM vinyl single set with the songs' original single release mixes on one disc and alternate versions of both songs on the other disc.

An Introduction To Syd Barrett will be released as a limited edition, 180-gram double vinyl LP package with gatefold jacket and printed inner sleeves. The collection, executive produced by David Gilmour, was released on CD and digitally in November 2010, bringing the tracks of Pink Floyd and Syd Barrett together for the first time on one compilation.

The Beach Boys: Good Vibrations/Heroes and Villains [ltd. edition 78RPM single set]

Side A Good Vibrations b/w Good Vibrations (Early Take)

Side B Heroes and Villains b/w Heroes and Villains (Alternate Take)

An Introduction To Syd Barrett [ltd. edition 180g 2LP with gatefold jacket]

Disc A, Side 1

1. ARNOLD LAYNE Pink Floyd

2. SEE EMILY PLAY Pink Floyd

3. APPLES AND ORANGES (Stereo) Pink Floyd

4. MATILDA MOTHER (2010 Mix) Pink Floyd

Disc A, Side 2

1. CHAPTER 24 Pink Floyd

2. BIKE Pink Floyd

3. TERRAPIN Syd Barrett

4. LOVE YOU Syd Barrett

5. DARK GLOBE Syd Barrett

Disc B, side 1:

1. HERE I GO Syd Barrett (2010 Remix)

2. OCTOPUS Syd Barrett (2010 Mix)

3. SHE TOOK A LONG COOL LOOK Syd Barrett (2010 Mix)

4. IF IT'S IN YOU Syd Barrett

5. BABY LEMONADE Syd Barrett

Disc B, side 2:

1. DOMINOES Syd Barrett (2010 Mix)

2. GIGOLO AUNT Syd Barrett

3. EFFERVESCING ELEPHANT Syd Barrett

4. BOB DYLAN BLUES Syd Barrett

More details on the Piebald/Transit RSD releases:

PIEBALD - Triple Gatefold 3x12" set.

3 albums in 1 package:

1,000 made on colored vinyl exclusive for RSD.

LP1: When Life Hand You Lemons

LP2: If It Weren't For Venetian Blinds It Would Be Curtains For Us All

LP3: We Are the Only Friends We Have

TRANSIT - Promise Nothing 7"

1,000 total - 300 Green/Gray 700 clear/blue

Exclusive for RSD.

A side: Take What You Can

B side: I Never Told That To Anyone

If you lived smack between Baltimore and Philadelphia, where would you spend Record Store Day?

If you're like most record collectors, I'd guess the correct answer would be "alone in your bedroom, silently masturbating to the cover of Neko Case's Middle Cyclone while side B of the Postal Service's Give Up plays on your turntable."

Record Store Day - once a cool idea, now a way for major labels to sell $25 reissue packages to idiots.

What pisses me off is that most things coming out (Bouncing Souls, Superchunk/Coliseum split, Piebald set) are all things that people would buy WHENEVER they came out. This is stuff that would sell out anyhow, and will now sell out even more quickly because of the attendant hype.

It's bad enough dealing with speculators when I was buying the Under the Influence singles, but it's an infinite amount worse when I have to get up early on my day off and stand in line with a bunch of people whom I'm embarrassed to be associated (yes, yes - pot calling the kettle black) in order to buy a single and a couple LPs.

Record Store Day - once a cool idea, now a way for major labels to sell $25 reissue packages to idiots.

What pisses me off is that most things coming out (Bouncing Souls, Superchunk/Coliseum split, Piebald set) are all things that people would buy WHENEVER they came out. This is stuff that would sell out anyhow, and will now sell out even more quickly because of the attendant hype.

It's bad enough dealing with speculators when I was buying the Under the Influence singles, but it's an infinite amount worse when I have to get up early on my day off and stand in line with a bunch of people whom I'm embarrassed to be associated (yes, yes - pot calling the kettle black) in order to buy a single and a couple LPs.

Do you go to LoveGardenSounds for RSD?