Record Store Day 2011 Thread - April 16

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William Elliott Whitmore / P.O.S split 7" on Init Records

each musician recorded a brand new exclusive song while working on their new studio albums. 1500 black vinyl copies for Record Store Day. 500 color vinyl copies will only be available 30 days after Record Store Day from the bands on tour and a very, very small handful online,

Finally - Something in this thread that I actually want.

William Elliott Whitmore / P.O.S split 7" on Init Records

each musician recorded a brand new exclusive song while working on their new studio albums. 1500 black vinyl copies for Record Store Day. 500 color vinyl copies will only be available 30 days after Record Store Day from the bands on tour and a very, very small handful online,

Finally - Something in this thread that I actually want.

Me to hopefully my shop can get some.

dudes interested in the William Elliott Whitmore/P.O.S split 7", please have your local shop contact ILC for copies (www.ilcdistro.com)

What happened to the 500 copies on colored vinyl (tour edition) you had on your original post and then deleted. Are these still being made?

they are, but they will be coming 30+ days after RSD and I really want people to make an effort to get the RSD version and tell their stores to carry it, as that will help my label, my distributor, and everyone's local record store out more.

The head of Rough Trade records, who runs Record Store Day in the UK, just updated a list there. Some of these items will be exclusive to the UK only and some of this will be in the US. The US releases, I have bolded:

A Rekords Rekords Record

Sampler with 1 track each from Queens Of The Stone Age. Alain Johannes, Mini Mansions and Desert Sessions.

10" picture disc

Label: Domino Records

AC/DC -

Shoot To Thrill / War Machine

7" vinyl

Beth Ditto - tbc

Ltd x4 trk EP, CD single

Label: Deconstruction Records

Bibio / Clark

Housed in the classic 'Warp' purple sleeve (the first Warp release to get this treatment in almost four years)

Split 12"

Label: Warp Records

Big Audio Dynamite - tbc

Ltd, numbered, 7" vinyl.

Label: Sony Commercial ivision

Black Angels

Another Nice Pair

Label: Light In The Attic

Vinyl album

Limited edition red vinyl album + download card consisting of the bands first two EPs. 100 inserts signed by the band will be randomly packed through the pressing.

Blitzen Trapper

Maybe Baby b/w I Don't Know What

7" inch single

Label: Sub Pop

Busdriver 7" (Polyvinyl, Limited to 50)

Ass to Mouth b/w Colour Wheel

Is the first offering from Busdriver's highly anticipated untitled full-length, a record that has promised to be more daring and genre-defying than any effort he has released previously.

7' single

Label: Polyvinyl

Charles Douglas

The Lives of Charles Douglas

Limited edition vinyl album

Label: Broken Horse

Clinic

Ladies Night

An EP of cover versions from the be-masked Liverpudlian quartet featuring songs originally recorded by Cilla Black, Audrey Hepburn, Man Parrish & The Seeds.

10" single

Cults - tbc

7" etched vinyl

Label: Columbia Records

Deerhoof / XIU XIU

Featuring one song by Xiu Xiu vocalist Jamie Stewart singing to Deerhoof's "Almost Everyone, Almost Always" and one song featuring Deerhoof drummer Greg Saunier singing to a Xiu Xiu song from Dear God, I Hate Myself.

Split 7" colored vinyl

Deftones

Covers

Vinyl LP

Label: Warner Bros

Derek & The Dominos

Got To Get Better In A Little While/Layla

7 inch single - previously unreleased track backed by the classic Layla

Label: UMC/Polydor

Doriella Du Fontaine (Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Miles And Lightnin' Rod)

To celebrate and support Record Store Day 2011, the newly re-launched and Karakos-powered Celluloid Records presents a limited repress of the classic "Doriella Du Fontaine". The project began in late 1969 with famed producer Alan Douglas recording the unmistakable Jimi Hendrix and legendary Buddy Miles in rolling and groove-laden musical backdrop.

Fast forward 4 years and Lightnin' Rod (aka Jalaluddin Mansur Nuriddin) adds in his distinctive vocal soundtrack. Rod calls it "spoagraphics" (spoken pictures) but to most listeners hear it as the roots of an early form of rap. Rhythm, spoken-word and the art of the storyteller all wrapped up into one. The two meld together to create something new and unheard in 1973 and something still sounding fresh in 2011.

7" single

Label: Celluloid Records

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - tbc

Quadruple vinyl album release

Label: Sony Commercial Division

Eric Clapton

Unplugged

Vinyl LP

Franz Ferdinand

Covers EP

Cover versions of songs from the Franz 'Tonight' album performed by Debbie Harry, LCD Sound System, Peaches, ESG & Stephin Merrit (Magnetic Fields)

12" single

Foster The People

Pumped Up Kicks

10" vinyl

Glassjaw

Worship & Tribute

Vinyl LP

Green Day/ Husker Du

Don't Know If You Are Lonely

Split 7"

Jenny & Johnny/ Gram Parsons & Emmylou Harris

Love Hurts

Split 7

James Yorkston

'It's Lovely To Be Heard' The Talking Diaries Of A Scottish Gent : Ransacked and elucidated by various salient friends Selections taken from his book 'It's Lovely To Be Here' with music from Jon Hopkins & King Creosote amongst others.

EP

Jimi Hendrix

Fire

7" red vinyl & Ltd 3 trk CD single

Lone Pigeon lp

28 Secret Tracks limited vinyl pressing

Vinyl Album

Lower Dens

Deer Knives b/w Tangiers

7" single

Label: Sub Pop

Mastodon

Live At The Aragon

Vinyl LP

Mastodon/ ZZ Top

Just Got Paid

Split 7"

Midlake / Will Self

Am I Going Insane(Black Sabbath cover)/The Happy Detective

12 inch single

Label: Late Night Tales

Of Montreal

The Past is a Grotesque Animal

Honored as one of Pitchfork's Top 500 Tracks of the decade, "The Past Is A Grotesque Animal"

12" single

Owen O, Evelyn

Brand new from Mike Kinsella (American Football, Cap'n Jazz) recorded and released exclusively for Record Store Day.

7' single

Ozzy Osbourne

Flying High Again / I Don't Know (live)

7' vinyl

Panda Bear

Tomboy

Ltd clear vinyl with exclusive t shirt

Album

Label: Paw Tracks

Pearl Jam -

Immortality / Rearviewmirror

7' vinyl

Peter Goldmark Columbia t-shirt

The founder of the 12" vinyl, this ltd t-shirt is exclusive to RSD

Peter Tosh

Legalise It / Equal Rights

Coloured 7" vinyl

Primal Scream

Screamadelica

Triple vinyl set, including x2 heavyweight red vinyl plus exclusively for RSD, "The Dixie Narco" EP on heavyweight black vinyl (not been commercially available for over 20 years).

Come sin triple gatefold sleeve, 16 page 12" full colour booklet, with band interviews, liner notes & unseen images.

R.E.M.

Three

3 X 7" box set

Red Hot Chili Peppers/ The Ramones

Havana Affair

Split 7"

Regina Spektor

Four From Far

Split 7"

Rival Schools

Wring It Out

7" single

Label: Photofinish Records/Atlantic

Rolling Stones

Brown Sugar/Bitch/Let It Rock

7 inch single vinyl replica of the original EP

Label: polydor

Rush

BU2B

Label: Atlantic

7" single

Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin

Broom

This classic Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin album is being re-released for Record Store Day featuring three songs not found on the CD and a download code that includes two digital bonus tracks.

Vinyl album coloured vinyl

Sons & Daughters

Listen To Crime/Just Relax

7" single

Spark

Revolving (Streets Mix/ Ramadaman Mix)

7" single (679)

Syd Barrett

An Introduction To Syd Barrett

Label: EMI/Harvest

Double vinyl album

The Clash

The Magnificent Seven

7" heavyweight red vinyl & x 4 trk CD

The Flaming Lips

Heady Nuggs

The First 5 Warner Bros Albums LP Boxset

The Go! Team

Apollo Throwdown/Voice Yr Choice

12' single

Remixes from Starslinger, D/R/U/G/S and The Ruby Suns

Label: Memphis Industries

The Joy Formidable

Whirring

7" single

Label: Canvasback Records/Atlantic

The Kills

Satellite

Special dub 10", featuring mixes by Mad Professor

10" vinyl

The Wombats

Anti D

7" single

Label: 14th Floor/ Warner Bros

The View

I need that record

A reworking of 80's power-pop record about vinyl & record stores.

The band have re-recorded this & are hoping it will be used as a kind of RSD 'anthem'

Co-ordinating other press & radio around Q article publication.

Quote from James Endeacott -

"I've always loved this 80's power pop classic from The Tweeds. It brings out the record collector geek in me. I fell in love with The View about 5 years ago. They bring out the child in me. The thought of The View singing I Need That Record and releasing it on Record Store Day seems like all my dreams rolled into one. "Record keep on spinning makes my life worth living".

7" vinyl

Toddla T

Cherry Picking (feat. Roisin Murphy)/ instrumental

12' single (red vinyl)

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

LP

Youre Gonna Get It

LP

Toro Y Moi / Cloud Nothings

I Will Talk To You/For No Reason

7 inch single

Label: Car Park Records

Vaccines

Live From London

CD

Bootleg CD

Villagers

Villagers live at the Workman's Club Dublin, 16th September 2010

"Mercury-nominated Villagers have been heralded among the best live acts of the year, this vinyl-only 'Live' album gives you an opportunity to see what all the fuss is about in a special acoustic perfomance reminiscent of the stand out Mercury Music Prize performance "

Vinyl LP

Vivian Girls

I Heard You Say

"I Heard You Say" is the first single from the Vivian Girl's upcoming album, Share the Joy. The B-side "I Won't Be Long" is from the same recording session (with Jarvis Taveniere of Woods) and exclusive to this release.

7" single colored vinyl

Weird that of Montreal is doing ANOTHER 12" single for the past is a grotesque animal. Panda Bear has me finally excited about RSD.

other press is probably sold out. last year they repressed the Gender Mutiny Tour 7" which I stupidly bought again under the title of Back To School and found out later it was the same one I already had.

Weird that of Montreal is doing ANOTHER 12" single for the past is a grotesque animal. Panda Bear has me finally excited about RSD.

other press is probably sold out. last year they repressed the Gender Mutiny Tour 7" which I stupidly bought again under the title of Back To School and found out later it was the same one I already had.

I have the first pressing of Past is a...and I really don't see why there'd be any interest in a repress. B side is super disappointing.

I have the first pressing of Past is a...and I really don't see why there'd be any interest in a repress. B side is super disappointing.

that, and the fact it's a 2 song 12". it really doesn't make much sense, they're just getting in on the RSD hype i guess. they're also making the Owen 7" part of it. i have the first press too. people love their of Montreal, is it a good enough reason? 8-)

all I know is that if the piebald box set is real i'll be fighting off wood for a good month.

It is. Listed on Rise's releases page, and is stated as such:

"PIEBALD

TRIPLE LP

RISE RECORDS 127 - AVAILABLE 4.16.11"

Limited to 1,000.

Last time I checked a triple ll is not a boxset. Plus there are more than 3 piebald albums. Im betting they're releasing those three bsides/rarity albums they released on separate CDs in one set.

It is. Listed on Rise's releases page, and is stated as such:

"PIEBALD

TRIPLE LP

RISE RECORDS 127 - AVAILABLE 4.16.11"

Limited to 1,000.

Last time I checked a triple ll is not a boxset. Plus there are more than 3 piebald albums. Im betting they're releasing those three bsides/rarity albums they released on separate CDs in one set.

same thing I was thinking. I'll still eat it up, though.