Graveface Record Club

deafmx

For what it's worth, I think that Ryan recently updated that his new label/project Terror Vision (horror/cult movies (and video game?) soundtracks and scores) has had great success on the test pressings so far with a new plant on the first release slated, so that may be a positive sign for all Graveface related stuff going forward.

I just hope those hand-pours go away.

I just hope those hand-pours go away.

I feel like there was mention that there will be less hand-pours in the future.  I don't mind them personally, but it sounds like there have been quite a few noise issues (my copy of Sway isn't perfect, but it's not nearly as noisy as what other people were experiencing).

Okay. Bye. Enjoy your surface noise.

Oh, so you happen to know how my handpours sound? That is some next-level magic right there. As it seems that you are good at it, could you also tell me if I will ever find the real meaning of life?

Seriously though, it really rubs me the wrong way how some people just casually discredit the work of Daniel and Ryan in the blink of an eye.

"I have some surface noise on one copy of a 300+ run, let me post on a public message board that all handpours sound like crap."

Couple that with the fact that the feeling of entitlement in the RC has grown exponentionally in the last few months (I can't even count the number of posts on here and in the RC facebook group where people were asking when their stuff ships), and it really makes me wish that we could go back to the days where the RC was easy-going and fun.

/rant

Oh, so you happen to know how my handpours sound? That is some next-level magic right there. As it seems that you are good at it, could you also tell me if I will ever find the real meaning of life?

Seriously though, it really rubs me the wrong way how some people just casually discredit the work of Daniel and Ryan in the blink of an eye.

"I have some surface noise on one copy of a 300+ run, let me post on a public message board that all handpours sound like crap."

Couple that with the fact that the feeling of entitlement in the RC has grown exponentionally in the last few months (I can't even count the number of posts on here and in the RC facebook group where people were asking when their stuff ships), and it really makes me wish that we could go back to the days where the RC was easy-going and fun.

/rant

I have never bashed GF. I purchase almost everything from them. Even GF has apologized about the hand-pours on Instagram. Feel proud of yourself for putting me in your rant, winner.

/rant

So saying that you want the handpours to go away is not bashing? Silly me...

Like I said, even GF has had a problem with them; they have been very vocal. This isn't just me talking, but I have no problem being wrong. Enjoy defeating me on the Internet with your correctness.

Like I said, even GF has had a problem with them; they have been very vocal. This isn't just me talking, but I have no problem being wrong. Enjoy defeating me on the Internet with your correctness.

This will be my final post on the subject then. I'll just quote this for you: "Far too many complaints and definitely not worth the customer service aspect on them for those that don't view them as works of art (or whatever)."

I might well be that some copies had a few imperfections, but to me this is more people jumping on the bandwagon and listening to their handpours hoping for some pop or click so that they can publicly complain, instead of just taking them for what they are, (in my opinion) a piece of art that you will not get elsewhere.

Glad you got your wish and we can go back to getting GZ/Pirates Press haze records.

Go buy more tapes though, I heard they have stellar sound quality!

I got burnt hard! I actually laughed. Thing about tapes, though, they're cheap and sound fine on my crappy boombox. The hand-pours sound like dump, well, the only I have. The retail versions have been fine. Anyway, I'm cool with you. You're right. My opinion is wrong, and I'm okay with that. Seriously, I was being a jerk wanting the hand-pours to go away when others like them.

I got burnt hard! I actually laughed. Thing about tapes, though, they're cheap and sound fine on my crappy boombox. The hand-pours sound like dump, well, the only I have. The retail versions have been fine. Anyway, I'm cool with you. You're right. My opinion is wrong, and I'm okay with that. Seriously, I was being a jerk wanting the hand-pours to go away when others like them.

This is nothing personal (I like you, always will) and it is not about being right or wrong. It just bums me hard that there is so much negativity around GF and the RC and your post about wanting the handpours to go away was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Let's just agree on Graveface being an awesome label and move on. Great weekend everyone!

This is nothing personal (I like you, always will) and it is not about being right or wrong. It just bums me hard that there is so much negativity around GF and the RC and your post about wanting the handpours to go away was just the straw that broke the camel's back. Let's just agree on Graveface being an awesome label and move on. Great weekend everyone!

Awesome! *extends hand that is currently holding a plethora of tapes*