Albums That Should Be RE-PRESSED on Vinyl

Neurosis stuff - especially Times of Grace, Through Silver In Blood - but any other too

Times of Grace needs to be re-pressed and packaged along with Tribes of Neurot's companion "Grace" album

I'd also kill for first pressings of several "mix-tape" released hip-hop albums from the past couple of years especially:

Chance the Rapper: Acid Rap
Earl Sweatshirt: Doris
Joey Bada$$: 1999
Kendrick Lamar: Section 80

Acid Rap, 1999, and Section 80 all were never officially pressed on vinyl, but they all have European bootlegs readily available for ~$20.

Doris, however has never been on vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Brand New - Deja Entendu

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute

The Devil Wears Prada - With Roots Above And Branches Below

Sunny Day Real Estate - How It Feels To Be Something On

I would empty my bank account for all four.

Why not just empty your bank account for originals if you're going to anyway?

Oof... I'm so tempted to buy that red version.  One of the first albums I can remember listening to over and over again (6th grade)... $26 is pretty steep for a single EP though.   May have to wait til x-mas time to make a decision. 

Acid Rap, 1999, and Section 80 all were never officially pressed on vinyl, but they all have European bootlegs readily available for ~$20.

Doris, however has never been on vinyl.

Yeah, I'm aware of those, but never really gotten confirmation on the sound quality.  Hip-hop tends to be hit or miss on vinyl as is.  The idea of bootlegs has me pretty hesitent (as well as the import costs).   But I'd buy Section 80 and Acid Rap in a heartbeat if they do sound good.

Yeah, I'm aware of those, but never really gotten confirmation on the sound quality.  Hip-hop tends to be hit or miss on vinyl as is.  The idea of bootlegs has me pretty hesitent (as well as the import costs).   But I'd buy Section 80 and Acid Rap in a heartbeat if they do sound good.

Acid Rap sounds fantastic.  I definitely recommend picking it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty much every Starflyer 59 album needs to be repressed, but in particular 'Old' needs to be repressed.  It's not too hard to come across, but it was only pressed as a picture disc :(

I have worse sounding picture discs, but it's such an amazing album, it really needs a proper vinyl release.

Spotify stream: Starflyer 59 – Old