MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

From MTS site-

UPDATE – 02/17/12

We are excited to announce that we are approaching the ship date for blink-182′s “Take Off Your Pants And Jacket” deluxe vinyl release from Mightier Than Sword Records. Yes it has taken a long time to get these finished up, but we have made substantial progress in the past couple months and are in the final stages of production. The main issue that we have had to deal with is sorting out the triple gatefold jacket with the 3 slits to fit the bonus 7″s. This is a custom job, and needs to be 100% perfect to make sure the 7″s fit perfectly in the slits, and the entire package folds together nicely. We have scrapped numerous jacket types and have finally found the perfect jacket to get things finished up. We are waiting for a quote back from the pressing plant, and once we have that, we will start production on the jackets and the turn time is expected to only be weeks.

The first pressing is very close to being out of print, and we’re projecting the last couple copies will be sold by Monday. This pressing is the only one that will have the special foreward by Mark Hoppus, and the other incentives that we’ve offered over the past months to make-up for how long this pressing has taken. Also, due to the complexity of the jackets, there is a very good chance that the triple gatefold jacket with slits for the 3 bonus 7″s may only be available with the first pressing of this release. If that is the case, future re-pressings will be a standard gatefold jacket with the bonus 7″s sold separately, no fully encompassing package for the LP and 3 7″s.

If you decide that you prefer a refund, or have e-mailed for a refund in the past, we will honor your request and send you an immediate refund. If you decide to keep your order and wait out the weeks until these are finally ready to ship, we promise that the release that you receive will be top notch in both sound and quality, and well worth the wait.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding your order, and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

Thank you so much,

RJ // MTS

Wouldn't it have made more sense to get a quote before setting prices?

lol seriously. this is easily the worst I've ever seen any form of business handled.

Received this from "Ryan Lynn" after receiving a refund after not asking for one:

"I apologize that you received a refund for your TOYPAJ order, it was a mistake. If you'd still like the record I can send you a request for payment via paypal for the same amount you paid originally, once you pay that your order will be good to go. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed and again, I apologize for the mixup. We appreciate your support and for being patient with us throughout this process!"

So they fucked up and are making me send the money back to them. I feel like the record should be free at this point.

:EDIT: On the bright side, I got 50% off. Still fuck this label.

Received this from "Ryan Lynn" after receiving a refund after not asking for one:

"I apologize that you received a refund for your TOYPAJ order, it was a mistake. If you'd still like the record I can send you a request for payment via paypal for the same amount you paid originally, once you pay that your order will be good to go. Please let me know how you'd like to proceed and again, I apologize for the mixup. We appreciate your support and for being patient with us throughout this process!"

So they fucked up and are making me send the money back to them. I feel like the record should be free at this point.

RJ refunded me back in October, TWICE.

He then sent me an e-mail saying that he had made a mistake and requested that I send him the refund back.

I only had the intention of holding his money for a month, just like he had done mine.

Then I forgot. Then I saw all this shit. Then I didn't.

Does this make me a bad person?

RJ refunded me back in October, TWICE.

He then sent me an e-mail saying that he had made a mistake and requested that I send him the refund back.

I only had the intention of holding his money for a month, just like he had done mine.

Then I forgot. Then I saw all this shit. Then I didn't.

Does this make me a bad person?

No, it makes you awesome.

A little good news in this thread......black 180 gram copies will be available from Hot Topic next Tuesday the 28th :)

awesome! any chance you'll do the 7"s at some point too?

Im already trying to get the bonus tracks put on vinyl. Absolutely nothing confirmed at all but Im working on it. I got the rest of the Blink catalog pressed and they obviously let MTS try and press those tracks so I dont see it being a problem. Really no other info available about that for now.