MTS-Blink TOYPAJ

so 7 months down the line and the jackets are still not even in production and were just recently given final approval. why couldnt they just say that months ago instead of hiding that simple fact till now. unless they were hiding something else like money issues. with the timing of this update and them saying it's close to selling out and may do so by Monday, only a few days from now, it's painfully obvious they needed more money to get this done and were waiting for and planning on it selling out. when it didn't sell out they were chasing their tails for months and months and months.

if the jackets were truly the only thing holding this up i will never understand why it took so long to get them going. or why they announced all the details when pre-orders went up like the jacket would have a space for all three 7" records knowing full well they did not have a plant lined up that could make such an apparently complicated jacket.

anyone who has the MTS 180 gram pressing of The Juiana Theory's Understand This Is A Dream knows there is a slit on the inside of the gatefold jacket to hold the booklet. call up the place that made those jackets, ask them to do that same jacket design, but make it a triple gatefold jacket. i just went to my copy of that juliana theory record and a 7" will easily fit in that slit.

either do that or call up every place that makes jackets, give them the dimensions of everything you want done, see if they can make it and if they can get a quote. pretty simple. if no plant can do it scrap the idea and move on to something else, don't let it drag on for months on end hoping someone will eventually come to your rescue. it's not like the dimensions of a 7" are unknown, so there is no excuse.

also like the sales pitch in there, saying they are close to selling out and to act fast! all signs are pointing to they had no money to finish all aspects of this TOYPAJ release. i like how they are calling it the "deluxe edition" now that two pressings have come out through Hot Topic in shorter amount of time than it will take MTS to get the jackets printed.

Also I thought this was appropriate.

[image]

ROFL.

I call bullshit. Didn't RJ come on here months ago all stoked because he had found the "perfect" jacket? He even posted a picture. The lies are beyond ridiculous already.

Fuck this label. I don't give a shit if the release was tomorrow. Give me my fucking refund like I asked weeks ago.

I don't care about this release or the drama but I have to say this much:

It's FOREWORD!!! There's no 'A' in there!!!

Totally being the grammar police but it's been written on each and every single thing dealing with this release.

Shit. Damn. Fuck.

Hahaha funniest thing said about this release so far. +1 in an hour when I can again.

here's where they "found the perfect sleeve"

http://mtsrecords.com/blink-182-take-off-your-pants-and-jacket-lp-7-update

over 4 months ago...

If you click the link for the mock up its gone. This guy is an all around class act.

Hasn't been removed from my email:

[image]

They're waiting on a QUOTE for this shit? I thought it was confirmed in November, which is still 2 months past the release date. Incredible.

If you click the link for the mock up its gone. This guy is an all around class act.

[image]

They're waiting on a QUOTE for this shit? I thought it was confirmed in November, which is still 2 months past the release date. Incredible.

we're almost to 2 months past the REVISED release date. 12/20. yikes...

[image]

that's not the mock up he's talking about. there was a photo of a blank white jacket where RJ slid in random 7"s to show people how it would look. tthat was posted back in October. what was sent out via email in November was a digital mock up.

as we all know MTS are wizards with MS paint and photoshop. rememer the cover for the "forward" where the pixilation was abundant and the mock ups of the Senses Fail records they pressed that look thrown together in abount 2 minuts in MS paint.

From MTS site-

UPDATE – 02/17/12

We are waiting for a quote back from the pressing plant, and once we have that, we will start production on the jackets...

$50 says he's talking about the record pressing plant.

Yea he still never clarified if the vinyl itself was done, just about beginning production on the jackets.