Smashing Pumpkins

You guys need to stop whining. It was an obvious mistake that you hoped to take advantage of, they figured it out and changed it to the normal price. Is it their fault this box set is pricey? It still is cheaper on amazon than any other site .

i missed out on ordering this at the "incorrect" price but i wish i had been able to. this will hardly make a dent in the behemoth that is amazon.

EDIT: IF SOMEONE GETS AN EXTRA CODE AND IS FEELING GENEROUS - PLEASE SEND IT MY WAY. IT WILL NOT GO TO WASTE. THANKS!

Hard to believe it was much of a mistake.... When they listed it on Amazon, it started out at $80 or $90 bucks. So they knew the list price. It dropped down to $26 and then back up to $70 or so and then down again to $26 a second time.

Regardless, it is a class move for Amazon to step up and honour their price guarantee. I am going to forgive them for sending this in a 2 cubic foot box (beware anybody who hasn't had stuff shipped from Amazon Canada)

Haha I know there shipping is quite ridiculous.

'Big Business' being dishonest? Completely unheard of.

Right, because small business and individual citizens are just so honest and upfront allllll the time.

You guys need to stop whining. It was an obvious mistake that you hoped to take advantage of, they figured it out and changed it to the normal price. Is it their fault this box set is pricey? It still is cheaper on amazon than any other site .

Whining? We pre-ordered an item at a low advertised price and are asking them to honor that price. It's like going to Target, seeing a MP3 player listed for $36, and going up to the checkout stand and having it ring up $75.

Them honoring the original advertised price is just plain good customer service. Its things like this that keep me shopping at Amazon.

Thanks to all that emailed and complained!!! I received a couple of promo codes but only one worked. I emailed and asked for another :)

And yes, this is a Festivus miracle!

i wrote a pretty scathing letter, expecting no response. got codes as well, but my second one doesnt work either. did you just reply to the customer service email?

I honestly don't understand people who get upset over canceled orders like this. They clearly made a mistake in their pricing, selling something for about $30-40 less than they are paying.

dont have a preorder price guarantee if you cant handle the consequences, or at least clarify in your terms that amazon can cancel at any time prior to shipping. they dont do that. also, dont drop the price TWICE. i could buy one time being an accident, but two times is dumb, if accidental.