Smashing Pumpkins

Spill the beans!!!

Is Zeitgeist getting pressed (not sure if he announced this when he announced the plans for repressing everything), and what about American Gothic? I'd love to be able to hear Sunkissed blaring through my speakers!!

he said he's not sure zeitgeist will be released on vinyl anytime soon because the record industry sucks. i reminded him that he was able to sell ~1500 copies of an experimental noise LP for $80 very quickly. (i don't remember how many or how much it cost). i told him if zeitgeist came out on vinyl, it would sell. i also told him he should release the rough mixes on vinyl. he said he'd like it "all to come out before he dies". 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just want to let you know....on amazon Germany (de) is a little gem up for preorder. It's a live album called

"Cherub Rock: Live at the Cabaret Me"

It's a gig from August 14, 1993 in Chigaco.

The label is banquet records. http://www.banquetrecords.com/BRR4004

I'd love to own some live pumpkins on vinyl, but $50 is a lot for a bootleg. I don't think this is banquet records. Banquet doesn't use BRR as a catalog number. The only things I can find with that catalog number all appear to be bootlegs.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if the Mellon Collie vinyl reissue has gone out of print? It's gone out of stock almost everywhere (I'm in the UK). I'd ideally want an EU pressing as I don't think they suffered from the distortion issues.

Cheers!

From what I understand, the EU copies were cut differently and superior-ly to our shite US cut so if you find one in your part of the world, it will more than likely sound like butter aka good.

They need to get John Golden on the case for that shit. For such an expensive set, there should have been no chance of that IGD issue occurring.

Zero is the only song that is really affected on my copy - and it's not awful, just not great.

Zero is the most affected track for my copy as well thought I will say that there is definitely a significant amount of IGD on all the other sides as well. Its much less than the Zero side but its just not acceptable to me. Its pretty much the latter half of Zero that it starts going bad and just every cycle is worse than the last. By the end, its nearly unrecognizable. The song has a very loud and noisy ending but even that doesn't mask the terribly affected sound. I haven't listened to it at all since the first month that I got it and I was given it as a gift for Christmas the year it came out. I think I'll break it out and give it another spin just for the hell of it soon though I don't expect to feel any better about it.