Smashing Pumpkins

the new record will have a limited edition on lime green vinyl available through Madame Zuzu's on monday. 1000 being pressed. Autographed + tea packages and all that. Hopefully you can buy the green vinyl on it's own but we'll find out monday.

I'd rather have the green vinyl without the autograph. I thought I'd be ok with it, but now I don't really want to spend an extra 50 for him to write his name on it. I'm getting cheap in my old age.

This is up if anyone is interested:

A LIMITED EDITION 'MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY' + FREE AUTOGRAPH BY BILLY CORGAN + THREE UNIQUE RARE TEAS CURATED BY THE RARE TEA CELLAR.

Madame ZuZu's is excited to offer the upcoming Smashing Pumpkins album "MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY." Hand numbered and signed by Billy Corgan, this deluxe package will include the ONLY colored-edition print of this album; an EXCLUSIVE to Zuzu's that won't be found anywhere else. Limited to a press of 1000 (copies 1-1000) on lime-green, 180gram gatefold VINYL.

Each package includes:

1 Exclusive "Monuments to an Elegy": lime-green 180gram vinyl (hand numbered 1-1000 + free autograph by Billy Corgan) $29.99

Three hand selected Madame ZuZu's teas by Rodrick Markus (Each tea packaged in 1/8lbs bags) $49.99

ALL SALES FINAL (Album release date: December 9th)

rder Summary

Item Quantity Price  

MonumentsCoverHI.jpg?format=100w
PRE-ORDER: Exclusive Lime-Green "MONUMENTS TO AN ELEGY" Vinyl, Autographed and Numbered by BILLY CORGAN + 3 Hand Curated Rare Teas (only 1000 editions available) 12/9

Subtotal
Tax
Shipping (37862)
Grand Total

FUCK YO' TEA CORGAN!

I wouldn't mind the tea thing if it wasn't so excessive. The idea should be to introduce fans to the tea and get them hooked, right? How about make the autographed LP $40 and include a free sampler of teas as an intro? Instead I just feel like it's getting shoved down my throat. Who needs $50 of tea with an LP?

I wouldn't mind the tea thing if it wasn't so excessive. The idea should be to introduce fans to the tea and get them hooked, right? How about make the autographed LP $40 and include a free sampler of teas as an intro? Instead I just feel like it's getting shoved down my throat. Who needs $50 of tea with an LP?

This is a good point.  I'm never going to plop down $50 on tea I've never sampled.  I don't care if Billy sends a "Billy Corgan Fun Pack" of shit along with an autographed record that they made 5 of.  If you want to introduce people to the tea you're selling, give them a discounted sampler pack when they buy your album ($5 sampler with purchase!  Originally $12!)  If it's worth $50, people will come back and buy it.

I'll just order this record from Amazon for $20.  Or shit, maybe I'll wait until after Christmas when there are 60 online sellers who have it and it only costs $13 shipped, because that will happen.  

This is a good point.  I'm never going to plop down $50 on tea I've never sampled.  I don't care if Billy sends a "Billy Corgan Fun Pack" of shit along with an autographed record that they made 5 of.  If you want to introduce people to the tea you're selling, give them a discounted sampler pack when they buy your album ($5 sampler with purchase!  Originally $12!)  If it's worth $50, people will come back and buy it.

I'll just order this record from Amazon for $20.  Or shit, maybe I'll wait until after Christmas when there are 60 online sellers who have it and it only costs $13 shipped, because that will happen.  

You are also buying an album that you've heard one song.  Either way you are taking a chance that you'll get shit.

You are also buying an album that you've heard one song.  Either way you are taking a chance that you'll get shit.

So you're saying we've had a sample of the album?

It's true, buying an album after hearing one track is chancing it, but I'm familiar with Billy's latest efforts, enjoy them, and enjoy the single that I've heard.  So I'm ok with taking that $20 chance.  

I have never had any of the tea Madam Zuzu's sells, not even a one tea bag sample, so I'm definitely not going to chance being out 2.5 times the amount of money.