Smashing Pumpkins

Anyone receive the green autographed Monuments yet? I want to know if it comes with a download code-

I got mine yesterday. No download card... They really did a good job packaging the album though. LP itself was shipped in a black poly lined sleeve, and the album jacket was in a sleeve packed separately. Everything was mint condition. LP itself looks really nice.

I got mine yesterday. No download card... They really did a good job packaging the album though. LP itself was shipped in a black poly lined sleeve, and the album jacket was in a sleeve packed separately. Everything was mint condition. LP itself looks really nice.

Thanks- I kind of figured he'd take the opportunity to make 1000 people buy this twice. I love the guy, but that's very Corgan.

I agree completely. Glad everyone seems to be enjoying it but I thought Oceania was stronger. 

Wow i find this album 100 times more enjoyable than Oceania... but thats the subjectiveness of music hey

Infact if it werent for Violet Rays i wouldn't even own Oceania...

How good is Anti-Hero  B)

I just rewatched the Graceful Swans of Never documentary, which was done right after the 2000 split. Hearing very one talk about the band at that point makes me really wonder why they can't bury the hatchet and get on with doing another OG member record.

I mean, I like the new music. I don't harp on it not being Smashingg Pumpkins without all four of the members. But goddamn, there was some remarkable chemistry with those four. And watching some of the MCIS studio footage, you see that it wasn't all Billy and Jimmy. James and D'arcy had a lot more involvement than anyone wants to let on. But I guess it's easier to say they didn't so no one looks down on the new output.

If you guys haven't watched that doc., it's on YouTube, and it's dope as hell.

went out to madame zuzu's for billy's DJ set this weekend. He tweeted that he'd bring some green vinyl with him. When I looked around there was only sealed black copies and quite a few people were buying those. Finally, I walked up to him and asked about the green vinyl, he said he had a few copies and would put them out later. He waved me over a little while later when someone handed him 4-5 copies. He gave me and maybe one other person that asked a copy (to buy) and then gave the other three out to a table of people he knew. I got #951.

I've been to zuzu's a few times before but other than saying hi or interacting when he walked up to my table about the music he was playing, I never brought up the pumpkins or asked for an autograph because it was usually a time when the band was inactive. This time, I decided to bring an original "Adore" LP to have him sign it because it's one of my favorite records and might frame it, now that I have the better sounding reissue. He was happy to sign it and I was able to naturally start a conversation about some things I've always wanted to ask him. Mostly about Machina II and Zeitgeist. He was very warm and happy to chat. Of course, I'm now kicking myself for not bringing up other things. It was the third time I've met him, but the first time I was able to have a real conversation. 

And to field a query above, for a few years he's been signing the current year with his name. Probably a good way for him to tell if it's real or not. 

It was funny when he looked at the Adore LP I handed him. He said "is this an original?" I said, "yup" and he sort-of inspected it and looked at the gatefold and stuff. 

went out to madame zuzu's for billy's DJ set this weekend. He tweeted that he'd bring some green vinyl with him. When I looked around there was only sealed black copies and quite a few people were buying those. Finally, I walked up to him and asked about the green vinyl, he said he had a few copies and would put them out later. He waved me over a little while later when someone handed him 4-5 copies. He gave me and maybe one other person that asked a copy (to buy) and then gave the other three out to a table of people he knew. I got #951.

I've been to zuzu's a few times before but other than saying hi or interacting when he walked up to my table about the music he was playing, I never brought up the pumpkins or asked for an autograph because it was usually a time when the band was inactive. This time, I decided to bring an original "Adore" LP to have him sign it because it's one of my favorite records and might frame it, now that I have the better sounding reissue. He was happy to sign it and I was able to naturally start a conversation about some things I've always wanted to ask him. Mostly about Machina II and Zeitgeist. He was very warm and happy to chat. Of course, I'm now kicking myself for not bringing up other things. It was the third time I've met him, but the first time I was able to have a real conversation. 

And to field a query above, for a few years he's been signing the current year with his name. Probably a good way for him to tell if it's real or not. 

It was funny when he looked at the Adore LP I handed him. He said "is this an original?" I said, "yup" and he sort-of inspected it and looked at the gatefold and stuff. 

That's really nice to hear that he was so warm and friendly. I had always heard from people that he was kind of a jerk in person.

That's really nice to hear that he was so warm and friendly. I had always heard from people that he was kind of a jerk in person.

i've heard that too. i've heard if you run into him on the street and start talking pumpkins it's a huge turn off as the dude wants to live his life. i think in my situation, he has to expect those kinds of interactions and i didn't overstay my welcome. 

i've heard that too. i've heard if you run into him on the street and start talking pumpkins it's a huge turn off as the dude wants to live his life. i think in my situation, he has to expect those kinds of interactions and i didn't overstay my welcome. 

Ok, so it sounds like I'm not in the minority. It's cool that you got a chance to chat with him and he was amiable though! :)  I'm honestly surprised more celebrities aren't considered assholes for wanting to live their life in peace.

I was able to naturally start a conversation about some things I've always wanted to ask him. Mostly about Machina II and Zeitgeist. He was very warm and happy to chat. Of course, I'm now kicking myself for not bringing up other things. It was the third time I've met him, but the first time I was able to have a real conversation. 

Spill the beans!!!

Is Zeitgeist getting pressed (not sure if he announced this when he announced the plans for repressing everything), and what about American Gothic? I'd love to be able to hear Sunkissed blaring through my speakers!!

Spill the beans!!!

Is Zeitgeist getting pressed (not sure if he announced this when he announced the plans for repressing everything), and what about American Gothic? I'd love to be able to hear Sunkissed blaring through my speakers!!

In the initial announcement, he said after Machina I/II he would do Zwan, TheFutureEmbrace, Zeitgeist, Stigmata, and Spun.  I don't recall him mentioning American Gothic, but that would be awesome for sure.  I think he's been tossing around ideas about the Zwan period, like doing more than just MSOTS, since there is so much material.  At least that's the impression I got from some recent interviews.