Black Friday 2011 Releases

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a copy of the SSPU 10" to trade. Paid $14 for it - looking only for equal retail value. I want the Craig Finn 7" so hit me up to chat if you have one.

My local store has a few things still:

Nirvana Box

Ryan Adams 7" (2 copies)

Wilco 10"

Beatles

Chris Cornell 2x12"

If you want something you need to hit me a PM - I leave town in 4 hours but would stop on my way out for you.

I actually liked what came out today way more than what came out on RSD. I bought the Type O, John Lennon and Nirvana box sets. I also picked up the Soundgarden and Chris Cornell LP's.

How much did they charge for each of those? The local store here was way overpriced.

Type O was $115

Cornell was $34.99

Soundgarden was $19.99

Nirvana - $55

John Lennon was $59.99

I think the Type O and Soundgarden prices were fair but the rest was a little pricey. Sometimes its not just the record store jacking up the prices though, I checked a vinyl distributor who had the following prices for stuff -

Soundgarden - $17

Cornell - $32.50

John Lennon - $54.50

Just walked into reckless in Chicago and got everything I wanted. I got the last copy of Brendan benson ($11), Silversun pickups ($12) and Ryan Adams ($3). They had a bunch of wilco $12.

I think they have copies of all of em online but they'll. E gone by the end of the day.

Is Reckless a chain or just a Chicago establishment? It's been a while since I was last in Chitown. Just remember seeing a few of them scattered across town and wondered if they're other places in the states.

Picked up the Black Keys 12", the Dr Dog 7", the Pete Townshend 10" and (while I know I'm gonna regret it, but my store only had like 2 copies left so I went for it), the Beatles single box set.

I also got Matisyahu's "Miracle" on vinyl and saw him perform/got the single signed at my local store.

i dont want to sound like a dick... but its 5 am, and maybe i do... but matisyahu is really still a thing?

You don't sound like a dick. I'm not really sure if he's still a thing though. My friend and I were at the store and it was 5 bucks to buy the single and see him perform...so we went for it just because.

Just walked into reckless in Chicago and got everything I wanted. I got the last copy of Brendan benson ($11), Silversun pickups ($12) and Ryan Adams ($3). They had a bunch of wilco $12.

I think they have copies of all of em online but they'll. E gone by the end of the day.

Is Reckless a chain or just a Chicago establishment? It's been a while since I was last in Chitown. Just remember seeing a few of them scattered across town and wondered if they're other places in the states.

Reckless has a polarizing reputation amongst a few people in the city. For some folks, it's almost like the FYE of indie record shops since there are three and they have things arranged in such a way (i.e. organized and for the most part, have their crap together). For folks like me, I go there several times a week because of the near constant turn over in records and the insanely awesome prices on used (which is what I buy 99% of the time - any time I see a new 7" or LP I want, I wait it out for a bit because I know that a used copy will float in).

Guest threegcoalman

Did anybody by chance happen to pick up an extra copy of The Civil Wars release? Wasn't able to get to any record store the day of Black Friday.

Reckless has a polarizing reputation amongst a few people in the city. For some folks, it's almost like the FYE of indie record shops since there are three and they have things arranged in such a way (i.e. organized and for the most part, have their crap together). For folks like me, I go there several times a week because of the near constant turn over in records and the insanely awesome prices on used (which is what I buy 99% of the time - any time I see a new 7" or LP I want, I wait it out for a bit because I know that a used copy will float in).

This sounds a lot like Cheapo records in MPLS/St. Paul

except not the most awesome used section. I have pulled a few gems though, here and there. I have shopped at Cheapo since 1994 or so though. that's where all my Fugazi records came from mostly and mostly all my vinyl from the 90s. even though they've been hit or miss, I still like to support them. they have the best selection of used cd's I'd say. vinyl, ehhh. lots of new vinyl I suppose. I was just in TX a couple weeks ago and drove past a Cheapo, I should have went in.

talking about Cheapo really makes me miss Let It Be Records though.