Official RSD 2012 information/releases thread

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just like last year, there's only 1 I want, the Hey Mercede EP and I'll picking some up for my Euro buds!

so far anyway...

I would much rather polyvinyl add more copies to their online store, than making this a RSD release since it has already been pressed once. Also, any luck finding every night fireworks?

just like last year, there's only 1 I want, the Hey Mercede EP and I'll picking some up for my Euro buds!

so far anyway...

Burst and Bloom is a must have for me. I'm actually not surprised that they're doing another release of the Hey Mercedes EP. I got a /300 on yellow when they did the Braid re-release last summer. The /700 for RSD makes a lot of sense.

More info on Domino's releases:

Smugglers Way flexi zine

Smugglers Way is Domino and Ribbon's first ever zine featuring five individual, multi-colored flexi discs of exclusive, unreleased songs from Dirty Projectors, Real Estate, Cass McCombs, John Maus and Villagers + a 24 page zine

Dirty Projectors – You Against The Larger World

Real Estate – In My Car

Cass McCombs – Teachers

John Maus – No Title (Molly)

Villagers – Shards

Animal Collective – Tranverse Temporal Gyrus 12"

The music on this 12" is a collage consisting of the original tracks and live recordings made for and at a unique performance as part of an installation by Animal Collective and visual artist Danny Perez at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City in March 2010. The 12" comes with an exclusive 24 x 36 foldout poster

Arctic Monkeys - R U Mine?

Limited heavyweight purple vinyl 7” featuring new song R U Mine? b/w brand new track

Electricity

Caitlin Rose - Piledriver Waltz / Love Is A Laserquest 7"

One of our favourite contemporary singers records a couple of our favourite contemporary songwriters’ compositions. This limited 7" comes with an exclusive jukebox sticker. The pleasure is all yours.

Laura Marling – Flicker and Fall 7"

Ribbon Music artist Laura Marling graces fans with this poignant single that features Flicker and Fall b/w To Be A Woman. This is the first physical release in any format for these tracks, while the B Side has never before been released in any format.

Few new items announced the past 2 days:

Coldplay 7"

Gorillaz 10"

Minus the Bear 7"

Florence & The Machine 7"

Jay Farrar, Jim James Woody Guthrie Tribute 10"

Garbage 7"

And those into Revelation Releases, here is their lineup (aside from Endpoint):

• Into Another S/T LP (reissue on GREEN VINYL--500 copies only)

• SENSE FIELDS KILLED FOR LESS (reissue LP on ORANGE vinyl--500 copies only)

• Farside Rigged (reissue LP on BROWN vinyl--500 copies only)

From animal collective's facebook page:

On Record Store Day (April 21st) we will release a 12" called "Transverse Temporal Gyrus". It is a collage of sounds we made for our installation with Danny Perez at the Guggenheim Museum in March, 2010, and uses both the original tracks and recordings made inside the museum. This will be the only time these sounds will be released on a physical format. We are also planning a website dedicated to the original event that will include a downloadable audio player and file bundle designed to recreate the spontaneous listening experience that occurred at the Guggenheim.

Now check out the Danny Perez designed cover art...

[image]

Minus the Bear 7"

And those into Revelation Releases, here is their lineup (aside from Endpoint):

• Into Another S/T LP (reissue on GREEN VINYL--500 copies only)

• SENSE FIELDS KILLED FOR LESS (reissue LP on ORANGE vinyl--500 copies only)

• Farside Rigged (reissue LP on BROWN vinyl--500 copies only)

Looks like RSD just got more interesting for me. Not to mention The Civil Wars' CDEP and 7"...

Gorillaz 10"

Garbage 7"

Details?

Garbage---

1. Blood For Poppies

2. Blood For Poppies (Heads Down Here We Come Butch Vig Remix)

Limited to 2500 copies worldwide (1900 United States, rest overseas)

Track is from the new album that hits stores on May 15th. Supposedly this single is supposed to hit radio on March 20th.

Gorillaz Do Ya Thing 10"

full length version of the song, available for the first time. Features a collaboration between Gorillaz and Converse and features James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem

Supposedly limited to just 500 copies in the US, with the other 500 for the UK (waiting to confirm this)