Thrice Manchester Orchestra Split Question

Haha, I like that so many said this went smooth and easy. I was sitting with a tablet and refreshing, a bit before 3:00pm, and when it did go up around 2:58pm, I tried to add one to the cart, but I couldn't, just got the message with it was either sold out or all the copies were in other customers cart. I keep on trying to add one until 3:15pm, and figured after that I wouldn't get it...

maybe this whole deal did also depend on how fast the computer you got was and the internet connection + how close located you are to the server the store is going through. I don't know, but such a bummer...Anyways, congrats to all those of you that got the split. I hope someone would rip it and throw the digital files on the net, haha I really want to hear that 14min No Doubt cover :P I guess there's a slim chance they would repress this in the future. But I really hope they would, so I can get it one day haha.

Guest tms2787

Can't you line up at stores to get the shoes?

Yeah, you can but in the last year stores have become more strict on it and a lot of places do "tickets" or a "raffle" or "RSVP" (via Twitter) before hand so most times there aren't even lines anymore but the shoes still out instantly. 

Shoes are by far the silliest thing I think people collect

No no, I think shoes are more mind blowing spending hundreds on a shoe because of some overpaid sports turd and when they are worn the collector freaks out about puddles, dirt, scuffs ect. I buy a clearence set of skate shoes try not to paint or do heavy yard work in them and wear them a year or so

Why? Because you don't like shoes that makes it "silly"? Everyone likes and obesess over different thing. It's not silly that people will pay $100+ for the SAME record in different colors and never play it? And that they obess over bent edges, ring print on the jacket, warped records, etc etc. But a lot of people who "collect" shoes do WEAR every pair the same as a lot of people do play every record they own. It's the same thing when it comes to shoe - you want to keep your investment and what you really like nice and in the best condition possible while still using them.

I work above the Supreme Store in SoHo. Kids fly in from Japan and wait in line for two days in all sorts of weather to get their big launches. To me, that is silly. To them it isn't. We all collect different things. So from a collectible standpoint I can accept it. From the waste of resources and time I can't. I've never given up what will amount to 4 days of my life for any material item. Never. So the hobby is fine but that aspect of what I've witnessed is insane. 

Guest tms2787

I work above the Supreme Store in SoHo. Kids fly in from Japan and wait in line for two days in all sorts of weather to get their big launches. To me, that is silly. To them it isn't. We all collect different things. So from a collectible standpoint I can accept it. From the waste of resources and time I can't. I've never given up what will amount to 4 days of my life for any material item. Never. So the hobby is fine but that aspect of what I've witnessed is insane. 

I was going to mention Surpeme in my original post but I had already gone on to long. I agree 100% with what you said. The longest I ever "camped" for a pair of shoes was from 2:00 PM to Midnight and it was the last Spring so it was a nice, clear, cool day out.  Just like you said.. we all like different things. Comic book collectors would think it's silly people records, rock collectors would think it's silly people collect comic book. When in fact whatever makes you happy as long as it doesn't hurt others -- is not silly.

also, replied to a post in the sales thread regarding the tweet, i just don't see how they can do anything.  even though it sucks (ebay flpping), those users bought said record.  at that point, can't they do whatever they want with it? spin it, hang it on their wall, sell it?

not defending flippers, but i feel like MO is being naive.

maybe im wrong, just don't know what they could technically do.

Say you're selling a nice car to an individual. They give you the money and say they'll come to pick the car up the next day. That night, before they come to pick it up the next day, they punch you in the face and give you the finger. You can give them their money back and keep the car.

Random analogy, bad anollgy, but analaogy.

This was sort of a joke and sort of me trying to give a reason they could do it.

Anyone know if these tracks are going to be released digitally? I want the tracks and I don't want crappy web stream rips

They're not. I'm planning on recording the MO side when I get the record. I'll post it here if no one get's to it first. Isn't the Trice side widely available?

since they are covers and they don't want to pay royalties, they aren't.  only way they are coming is from someone ripping their wax and posting.

They still have to pay royalties on the 12". 9.1 cents per song per copy sold * 500 copies = $91. They could easily go through a licensing service to distribute it digitally.

They still have to pay royalties on the 12". 9.1 cents per song per copy sold * 500 copies = $91. They could easily go through a licensing service to distribute it digitally.

yeah, from the post andy wrote, they didn't want to go down that road.  they should flip one of the 400 remaining to cover the charges and throw a dl code in there for everyone.

I received confirmation from the band that there are still some available from cancelled orders. They will be announcing when and where, once they find the right way best way to go about it.

I'm curious to see if they are actually going to cancel the orders of the dudes who post them on ebay...I really hope that they do and wait for the auctions to end to refund the money so those flippers are fucked...teach them a lesson...

I'm curious to see if they are actually going to cancel the orders of the dudes who post them on ebay...I really hope that they do and wait for the auctions to end to refund the money so those flippers are fucked...teach them a lesson...

I'm pretty sure there was one going for $202.50 yesterday and when I looked after MO posted that message it was gone. Can you just take something down like that?

Guest tms2787

You're missing out in swag that in 6 months will no longer be relevant.

Actually... Supreme has been around since 1994 and it's very, very relevant. It was very popular and always sold out long before Odd Future "Swagged it out"

So, what am I missing at Supreme? I've had opportunities to walk in on launch day and just haven't.

It just all depends on how you dress and the type of clothes you like. They make a quite higher quality products than most other street wear brands and the limited supply makes the demand and resell of it very high. And people flip it just like records.