Deja Entendu repress?

they moved away from juvenile pop punk ten years ago today. this album was a gallon of banana splits in a freezer full of vanilla pints.

Of course TAYF and YFW would sound similar, Lacey played bass in TBS and John Nolan was his best friend. YFW came first as well, and you can't really call it a TAYF copy when one of the TAYF songs was written in response to Seventy Times Seven. I personally enjoy the story surrounding the albums and it makes the similarities and differences all the more interesting. No need for everyone to jump the bandwagon on either side of the genre, just listen for yourself and decide if you like it or not without telling everyone else how good it is/isn't. Relativity and shit.

Can't wait to finally own Deja, I like that 10 year cover art as well as the one with the astronaut on the ground reaching towards the camera.

Thanks for getting them off my back! This'll be good.

not worried. tbh it wasn't that much of an insult. I like YFW just not as much as everything that came after. This is a good example of a band that just got better and better and left their prior work in the dust. Heck I find Daisy to be a better album than TDAG but TDAG is my favorite for personal reasons. I am also aware of the connections between the bands at the time YFW was written. I just prefered one over the other and in the grand scheme of things I always appreciated how much this band improved. 

Ya i dont know, I think daisy is my least fav, not to say i dont love it, id have to go Daisy<YFW<Deja<TDAG

but it totally depends on my mood.

I think brand new put it well when they said they made daisy with live performances in mind, seeing them play songs

off Daisy is hard hitting and awesome.

I'd like to see a repress.

But i have a original press of all of these so I am happy either way.

Brand new >

i have a hard time picking a favorite between yfw, deja, and tdag.  my mood at the time really determines which is my favorite.  i'm a brand new fan boy though, so i guess i "love them all" as cliche as it is.  i dont listen to daisy much, and the only demos i listen to a lot are 01 and 03.

I hate to be a pessimist but the YFW reissue was announced prior to the 10th anniversary of the album, even though it actually dropped about a month later. If we don't hear anything in a month's time I'm just going to buy a 1st press, price be damned. I do not think we'll be seeing a repressing, at least not this year.

Deja is actually probably my least favorite of the albums. It's certainly the least listened to. Daisy was my least favorite for a while, it did eventually grow on me but it took a very long time.

To be completely honest, each record is really so different I could never rank them. I like each for what they are. My favorites are YFW and TDAGARIM. I don't really like one more than the other. They're just too different.

The number of instagram photos of this record being played on Crosleys today made my head spin. If this record "changed your life" maybe you shouldn't drag it through the mud...

This. Exactly why I can only buy a sealed copy of pretty much almost any modern record. Also, don't understand how people play records worth 4 times the price of their turntable when the turntable they use is known for damaging records and causing groovewear.

The number of instagram photos of this record being played on Crosleys today made my head spin.  If this record "changed your life" maybe you shouldn't drag it through the mud...

This right here is one of the reasons I REALLY want to replace my current turntable and pass it on to my girlfriend. She is spinning her Deja and TDAG on a Crosley suitcase and it makes my heart hurt.