Angry USPS messages?

My mailman is covered in tattoos and used to be a huge HWM fan in the 1990s. When I moved in he struck up a conversation seeing I was getting stuff from No Idea. He is always asking me what I'm digging currently, ensures my packages stay dry on rainy days and is such a breath of fresh air after being tortured in Brooklyn. God Bless New Jersey.

in total contrast to the carrier i was just talking about, the dude who delivered our mail before her noticed how many records i was receiving, and wanted to sell me his collection.

and my current carrier mentioned the other day that 2 other guys on the route get quite a few LPs... i feel like i should get their info haha

you'd turn into a weird stalker/thief! haha

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USPS workers have become increasingly grumpy over the past year or so. I've been shipping high volumes of mail for 10+ years now. Its amazing how much shit they give me when I ask for 2976E forms or anything else. Hey dumbfucks, do you not realize I'm using those to ship $48 packages. Since January 1st I've purchased $18,200 of postage through Stamps.com. That doesn't even include my Endicia machine I use to mail at least 10 full trays of 2 oz letters each week. I seriously dread going to the post office & it shouldn't be that way when I'm giving them so much damn money.

Let's not get carried away here.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. I was gonna say...I have never seen someone say that before.

What do people have against a state that is always in the Top-5 of best public schools? How about one that trades on and off with Connecticut for highest per capita income?

I know we didn't bless the Nation with 12 years worth of Bush presidencies but we are a great state. I suppose we owe Texas a ton of thanks for giving Bruce so much inspiration over the years.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. I was gonna say...I have never seen someone say that before.

What do people have against a state that is always in the Top-5 of best public schools? How about one that trades on and off with Connecticut for highest per capita income?

I know we didn't bless the Nation with 12 years worth of Bush presidencies but we are a great state. I suppose we owe Texas a ton of thanks for giving Bruce so much inspiration over the years.

[image]

**edit

I personally have nothing against NJ

Postal workers are for the most part fucking assholes who hate their life and customers. My mailman is really cool and I've never had a problem with anything, but the workers at the actual post office...bullshit.

I dread going there. They'll leave 20-30 people standing in line while they just take their sweet ass time socializing and dragging ass. Then when you ask for a form or for them to stamp "fragile" on something they get all bent out of shape. I had one bitch recommend I get a marker and write fragile myself before I come to the post office. Sorry for the rant but I get pissed just about every time I go there and it shouldn't be that way. I feel like they know they have no competition (or very little) and they can just treat people like shit.

What about the inability to turn left in parts of your state?

I'm happy to offer insight into NJ. Well, the cloverleaf has been determined to be a failure by most standards. Please understand when NJ reworked it's highways in the 50's and 60's they were seen as quite forward thinking. They accepted a challenge to re-imagine highway safety. In the end they are taking most of the cloverleafs and horseshoes out. NJ can admit an error now and again.

Postal workers are for the most part fucking assholes who hate their life and customers. My mailman is really cool and I've never had a problem with anything, but the workers at the actual post office...bullshit.

I dread going there. They'll leave 20-30 people standing in line while they just take their sweet ass time socializing and dragging ass. Then when you ask for a form or for them to stamp "fragile" on something they get all bent out of shape. I had one bitch recommend I get a marker and write fragile myself before I come to the post office. Sorry for the rant but I get pissed just about every time I go there and it shouldn't be that way. I feel like they know they have no competition (or very little) and they can just treat people like shit.

Sounds like we go to the same post office. Even the location I've been going to for 10+ years gave me shit the other day. I asked for the 2976E forms & they told me to order them online. Alright, but how does that help me with these 6 intl packages ($300) that already have postage printed? And the funny thing is I checked my USPS.com supply orders & 2 of the 11 orders I placed last year never showed up & were missing tracking info. My current carrier is awesome, but we went through 3 others last year that couldn't handle the work load.

I've had a delivery guy get bummed, my only response is "do your fucking job and shut up".

Seriously, their job is to deliver mail, it blows my mind how some delivery people get pissy for having to deliver stuff. Dont like it, get a new job.

I agree with how ridiculous it is when someone gets pissed about having to actually do the job that they were hired to do, but I highly doubt you said that to your delivery person. If you did, there's no way that benefited you, and I'm sure you've since received broken records or missing packages.

I actually did but it was at my old workplace that i was leaving the next week so i wasn't worried. My mailman at my new work is a lot nicer and doesn't care about delivering stuff.

I've never had a problem with my normal mailman, but one time a different guy was delivering and didn't deliver me any of my records for two days. Seriously. I would see him carrying them with the mail, and then he would go put them back in his mailtruck. He did this two days in a row. So the third day I went outside and asked him for my packages as he was getting in the truck, and he acted like he didn't even know he had them.

What about the inability to turn left in parts of your state?

I'm happy to offer insight into NJ. Well, the cloverleaf has been determined to be a failure by most standards. Please understand when NJ reworked it's highways in the 50's and 60's they were seen as quite forward thinking. They accepted a challenge to re-imagine highway safety. In the end they are taking most of the cloverleafs and horseshoes out. NJ can admit an error now and again.

i back the jersey love. the thing a lot of people don't realize about nj is how much it really offers. beaches, a lot of preserved greenland, close proximity to 2 major cities, a lot of diversity... we used to have a lot of good music too. more interestingly, north jersey and south jersey may as well be two different states. it's an interesting difference. dave is right about schools and income, although cost of living is insane.

oh, and my mailman is awesome. respects the fact i collect records and goes out of his way to drop packages in front of my door (i live in a small apartment building).

They are all mostly from NYC and Long Island FYI.

In NJ the majority of the cast of Jersey Shore would be known as Bennies.

True, only one is from jersey i believe. Head a little further south and they're shoobies. Mostly coming out of philly and points west. this is what we have to deal with every summer. should explain a lot.

jersey has a bad rap. if it keeps people out the of state all the better. it's crowded enough. In Jersey you have a diverse array habitats within easy reach of each other. Within two hours you can get to NY, Philly, the shore, the pine barrens down south, the "mountains" of north jersey and more. It's the most densely populated state in the union; however, it's still 2nd in blueberrys; 3rd in cranberries and eggplant, 4th in bell peppers, peaches, and head lettuce. The Pine Barrens is a unique habitat only found in a few places in the eastern US - home to many rare species, such as pine barrens treefrogs, blackbanded sunfish, swamp pink and others. It's amazing place even with all the chiggers.

Guest deathbydrums
are you sure the postal worker wrote that?

"USPS will leave packages outside my house for anyone in Brooklyn looking to make a quick buck to pick it up"

So anyone can grab it but it MUST have been the postal worker? Probably a good message that you need a different system for getting your records anyways. Kinda funny too.

While Canada Post provides great service, I still don't know why it is so crazily overpriced when compared to USPS. The wallet recoils in horror. Nobody wants to buy or trade. Shit crumbles.