Record Store day sucks ass.

For me RSD sucks because i don't live in the US and all the good releases are US only. I don't have the option to get in a car and drive 2 hours or more to get what i want.

I did go to my record store and got some none RSD stuff but they only had one box for RSD because that's all they can get.

Yes record stores are great but at least online shops make records accesible for everyone and not just people in the US (or UK).

If i want anything from RSD i have to get it on Ebay. I have no other options.

• 11 months later...

what happened to deafmx? he was a good dude.

I actually see deafmx every year on Record Store Day, with a fat stack of RSD releases that I'm guessing he goes home and flips on eBay. Good guy, hooked me up with some things I was looking for when we were waiting in line at Cheapo Discs.

I'm going to have $40 for RSD and I'm dying to get 1 record:

Now, Now - Neighbors (Reissue limited to 500)

I might grab a couple of 7"s on the way out

but I'm going to see them that Sunday so I have to save for dat merch

and if they don't have it I'm going to crucify myself

(I've seen many RSD releases on Amazon almost 2 years later for at cheapest $23 so yeah)

(I've seen many RSD releases on Amazon almost 2 years later for at cheapest $23 so yeah)

No Sleep is gonna press more of these so don't kill yourself if you miss out on the RSD variant.

I actually see deafmx every year on Record Store Day, with a fat stack of RSD releases that I'm guessing he goes home and flips on eBay. 

He doesn't flip the shit he gets. He actually helped numerous people on this damn board including cheap assholes that wouldn't even cover the full price + sales tax he had to pay (I won't name any names).

Also, he's still around, just doesn't post regularly since the transition to the new board.

I'm not going to rsd this year. Park Ave cds in Orlando is an hour and a half away. Last year I got a hotel room with my girl so we could get in line at a decent time. I just went in there like a madman throwing things in my basket I even picked up records that weren't exclusive to RSD like a repress of The Smiths The Queen is Dead. I ended up spending $300 on records all good records that I listen to. I wasn't able to get the record I wanted the most but Park Ave got it in later and was able to ship it to me. But $300 (well if I were to go this year I'd spend less than that on records but record money+hotel stay+gas and food for the trip when I've already spent a lot of money (well in my opinion a lot) in the past week on records. I should just stay away. It was fun last year and I'm glad I experienced it once since I had been wanting to go the two previous years. It was pretty rad though they had free beer, food vendors including chicken and waffles, free cds, free t-shirts made up for the occasion If you are in The Orlando area on 4/20 I would highly suggest stopping by Park Ave Cds. As for me, no record stores in my town. Until I open one that is. Well thats never going to happen.

burWNjT.gif

seriously. everybody calm the fuck down. everyone knows the traditional record store in recent years has been threatened. some of them are downright desperate and will take advantage of opportunities whenever they come up. you, as the consumer, have the option of supporting them or not. there should be a line where if something is priced too high, people will shop somewhere else. some stores get treated better than others, but like everything else in life, "it's who you know" and life isn't fair.

there are stores i won't shop at and things i won't buy, but i don't need to complain about every god damn person who's made me feel upset.

stores sell things for higher prices because they have employees, rent, electric bills, etc...

so either support your local stores, or don't.

seriously. everybody calm the fuck down. everyone knows the traditional record store in recent years has been threatened. some of them are downright desperate and will take advantage of opportunities whenever they come up. you, as the consumer, have the option of supporting them or not. there should be a line where if something is priced too high, people will shop somewhere else. some stores get treated better than others, but like everything else in life, "it's who you know" and life isn't fair.

there are stores i won't shop at and things i won't buy, but i don't need to complain about every god damn person who's made me feel upset.

stores sell things for higher prices because they have employees, rent, electric bills, etc...

so either support your local stores, or don't.

Don't come in here to argue. This thread was started so people who don't like RSD and want to complain about it don't do so in the RSD release thread.

That being said, I'm not going out of my way to support my local on RSD. I support them 364 other days a year and they said they wouldn't be willing to set aside one or two titles for me, despite Bull Moose, one of the founding and organizing RSD record stores, offering to do the same on their website. So I will go the store and maybe buy a couple of things, but I'm not going all out and getting my expectations up. Last year was crazy, so unless they tripled their orders, the store will be cleaned out in 10 minutes anyway.

So why didn't you buy other shit? Are you telling me you walked into 2 different record stores with money to spend ( because you wanted 3 over priced RSD items) and instead of spending some of that money on non rsd stuff and actually helping out a store you just sulked and went home? That's lame dude.

Didn't see this reply at the time, but yes and no. Yes, on RSD, I tend to leave after not finding the records I specifically go in looking for. However, I go to those same record stores damn near every week, and spend more than my fair share of money at them regularly. If it wasn't for the RSD exclusives, there's not a fucking chance I'd go out on RSD just to dig through the same bins I dig through every week, but with the added bonus of fighting the crowds.

It's akin to heading to Walmart at 12:01am on Black Friday to do your weekly grocery shopping.