Comedy Re-issue for next rsd?

I was thinking that since people seemed to be into the soundtrack re-issue concept from rsd this year that maybe a comedy album re-issue would be cool.

I had this idea a couple months ago but wasn't sure if it would fly since comedy are not about sound quality and theres more convenient ways to listen to this material now a days. I was thinking either some older stuff re-issued like richard pryor, cheech and chong or george carlin or re-issues of some newer classics that were only released on cd like Mitch Hedberg or louis ck.

Just throwing the idea out to see what the people on the forum think of it of and obviously to throw out suggestions.Looking forward to hearing from people on this.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd definitely buy some Louie CK or Mitch Hedburg or even Daniel Tosh's first album.

While I am not a Kings fan (sorry... but the Ducks are my team) the man has a good idea.... Daniel Tosh's first album on vinyl. Would buy!

sidenote: I am rooting for the Kings to beat Vancouver... Hate Vancouver more than LA

Mitch Hedberg or bust

I contacted Comedy Central about licensing these for vinyl a year or two ago. They said they don't like to license their records and that their lawyer fees would probably be more than they would make off the deal. haha

Stand Up records seems to have a lock on doing vinyl versions of comedy records so maybe they could swing it.

Mitch Hedberg or bust

I contacted Comedy Central about licensing these for vinyl a year or two ago. They said they don't like to license their records and that their lawyer fees would probably be more than they would make off the deal. haha

Stand Up records seems to have a lock on doing vinyl versions of comedy records so maybe they could swing it.

Good to know, I will try to put in a call but if this is the case then would anyone be interested in some re-issues of older stuff that was already on vinyl like cheech and chong, richard pryor, eddie murphy etc....?

Yes

Yesyesyesyeayes!

Mitch Hedberg, Bill Hicks vinyl releases.

Comedy Death Ray or Invite the Up compilations and maybe a Tenacious D S/T reissue.

New stuff from Brian Posehn, Eugene Mirman, David Cross, Patton Oswalt, Dan Mintz, Nick Thune, Reggie Watts, Zach Galafinalphabet, Jasper Redd or Neil Hamburger seem like the type to do RSD releases.

And why not mix the comedy soundtrack genre?

Kids in the Hall Brain Candy, Clerks/Mallrats/other Kevin Smith movies soundtrack box set or Fear of a Black Hat on vinyl?

I need Jim Norton and Louie CK records in my life. And some Bill Hicks. Maybe an Artie Lange record too. Obviously these would not be reissues. I would buy reissued Richard Pryor and George Carlin stuff if they were priced nicely.

Only just the other day i was thinking how nice it'd be to listen to some Bill Hicks on vinyl. Make it happen.