MAN ADVICE

Man problem- I love my girlfriend, but I'm always curious as to what else is out there.  I've been getting hit on a lot lately, but i know I need to be loyal to my girl.  Anyone else have this problem?

Every time I get into a relationship I run into this problem. Its like a curse man. Its usually girls you always wanted to fuck too. They arent around when you're single. But when you arent, they come out of the woodwork 

Just needed to get this out. I take back what I said previously. Dating sucks. I don’t want to be with anyone. I can’t believe I’ve spent months thinking that being in a relationship would be awesome. I can’t even handle seeing someone once a week. Now I’m in this thing with a dude where he wants to hang out all the time and compliment me and fucking cuddle and it is the most unattractive thing ever. Who knew I wouldn’t like that?! Am I losing my shit or what.

We haven’t even done anything sexual. I feel like I’m in high school. I don’t have the time or the patience for nice. Just push me up against a wall and do something. kill me. okay im done bye

Man problem- I love my girlfriend, but I'm always curious as to what else is out there.  I've been getting hit on a lot lately, but i know I need to be loyal to my girl.  Anyone else have this problem?

I think it's a standard grass is always greener scenario.  I'd wager that most guys (and girls) have those feeling at least once or twice in most relationships.

I think there’s a pretty big difference between finding someone else attractive for a moment, and always wondering what else is out there and if you can do better. I used to be friends with the guy who was convinced humans aren’t meant to be monogamous, he even got me on the wagon with it for a bit. I don’t hang out with him anymore but toward the end it just seemed like he was scared of letting someone in. so who knows. he got laid all the time though.

Just needed to get this out. I take back what I said previously. Dating sucks. I don’t want to be with anyone. I can’t believe I’ve spent months thinking that being in a relationship would be awesome. I can’t even handle seeing someone once a week. Now I’m in this thing with a dude where he wants to hang out all the time and compliment me and fucking cuddle and it is the most unattractive thing ever. Who knew I wouldn’t like that?! Am I losing my shit or what.

We haven’t even done anything sexual. I feel like I’m in high school. I don’t have the time or the patience for nice. Just push me up against a wall and do something. kill me. okay im done bye

Similar thing happened to me!! Last year I decided to give this guy a shot. He was super sweet, complimented me, followed me around etc. I hated it. We did have sex tho. But I could tell he was trying to like "make love" which is super weird when my feelings aren't into it. He also should've just pushed me against the wall and done the deed.

Maybe it's an independent woman thing. "Hey I'm use to being on my own and doing my own thing, so you always being there and trying really hard to make everything about me is freaking me out"

But now that we're just friends everything is awesome and he doesn't show me any special attention and he hasn't been weird about our past at all.

Also if that dude has some kind of emotional investment in you, you should probs end it before he gets in too deep.

Yeah, if you are not into this other person the same way that he is into you then the best thing to do is let him know before he gets any more invested emotionally and physically. What's that saying…..shit or get off the pot. 

have you tried making a move? maybe he's trying to play it safe or something

girl just tell him you want to keep it casual and then it's a go to just relax and have fun with no commitment.

if he gets upset about it, least you told him right?

Similar thing happened to me!! Last year I decided to give this guy a shot. He was super sweet, complimented me, followed me around etc. I hated it. We did have sex tho. But I could tell he was trying to like "make love" which is super weird when my feelings aren't into it. He also should've just pushed me against the wall and done the deed.

Maybe it's an independent woman thing. "Hey I'm use to being on my own and doing my own thing, so you always being there and trying really hard to make everything about me is freaking me out"

But now that we're just friends everything is awesome and he doesn't show me any special attention and he hasn't been weird about our past at all.

Also if that dude has some kind of emotional investment in you, you should probs end it before he gets in too deep.

"Make love," yikes! I really dislike that term. Anyway, it's only been a few weeks with this dude. I just don't understand what happened. When we first met, I was pretty attracted to him. He barely did anything that made me think he was that into me besides wanting to hang out frequently. I just thought he wanted to be friends, which I was totally cool with. Now that he's always bugging me, I've lost all interest.

Yeah, if you are not into this other person the same way that he is into you then the best thing to do is let him know before he gets any more invested emotionally and physically. What's that saying…..shit or get off the pot. 

have you tried making a move? maybe he's trying to play it safe or something

girl just tell him you want to keep it casual and then it's a go to just relax and have fun with no commitment.

if he gets upset about it, least you told him right?

Thanks for your input, guys.

I know I have to talk to him about this and it'll happen this week. I feel awful though because he's been so nice and I feel like I should feel something towards him, but I don't. I don't even want anything casual with him. I'm totally a huge jerk right now.

...and I think I need a dude that's also a jerk and aggressive that really just does not care. Can't believe I said that.

"Make love," yikes! I really dislike that term. Anyway, it's only been a few weeks with this dude. I just don't understand what happened. When we first met, I was pretty attracted to him. He barely did anything that made me think he was that into me besides wanting to hang out frequently. I just thought he wanted to be friends, which I was totally cool with. Now that he's always bugging me, I've lost all interest.

Thanks for your input, guys.

I know I have to talk to him about this and it'll happen this week. I feel awful though because he's been so nice and I feel like I should feel something towards him, but I don't. I don't even want anything casual with him. I'm totally a huge jerk right now.

...and I think I need a dude that's also a jerk and aggressive that really just does not care. Can't believe I said that.

Nah. You're not a jerk. You like what you like. You will find that nice guy someday that won't annoy you…too much. :) 

I think there is a balance here. finding a dude who's aggressive and just a total man for the most part, but who also has brief moments of being sweet and whatnot. it's not a joke when guys complain about how woman are always attracted to assholes, a lot of girls are.

assholes aren't so willing to tell a girl she's beautiful and just cuddle all the time. so the girl has to work for it. it's pretty fucked up but I understand the mentality.

I think there is a balance here. finding a dude who's aggressive and just a total man for the most part, but who also has brief moments of being sweet and whatnot. it's not a joke when guys complain about how woman are always attracted to assholes, a lot of girls are.

assholes aren't so willing to tell a girl she's beautiful and just cuddle all the time. so the girl has to work for it. it's pretty fucked up but I understand the mentality.

I feel like I've dated a lot of guys that will call themselves nice, but over time turn out to be complete assholes.

Maybe I'm just not used to taking it this slow? I like sweet, but this is just too much. I need the chase and the constant overthinking or it doesn't feel right.  :angry:

Now I completely understand why guys don't like the constant texting and stuff.

Compliments make me uncomfortable. I deflect them or ignore them.

I think buttbutt needs a balanced man. Dude will treat her like a buddy but then fuck her brains out.

#AllWomenWantThis

Same! I've never been good at dealing with compliments.

You get me, nicky. You understand all women. Now where can I find a man like that.

I've had a new crush like every week these past two months and it's really annoying.

Right now I'm totally digging this 30 year old dude that I've known for a few years and then I remember that I'm 20 (and that he has a gorgeous girlfriend) and it makes me sad.

Then I also realize I don't date people.

I think I have a crush on my manager at my new job. She's a lot like me. But 30, nerdier and angrier. Idk. I've been there like 2 months, and at first I was like "cool, I don't find her physically attractive so we're gonna be super cool buddies!" But... Idk. I'm a bit confused.

We haven't even had the "I like women" talk. But we both wear ties to work (per our own choice), her best friends are 2 gay guys, her major is in criminal justice, we've talked about the L word at length... she set off my gaydar immediately.

And now that I'm all thinking I might have a crush, I got nervous and weird when she came in today.

We text and stuff, I really like talking to her, she gets my dry/sarcastic sense of humor.

Dangerous!

relationships are hard

marriages are harder

kids make marriages even harder

no wonder people give up.

i'm not close to giving up but i just need to remember just how hard it is to do what i'm doing.  oh, also add that the wife and i have switched gender roles.

life is hard yo.

I've had a new crush like every week these past two months and it's really annoying.

Right now I'm totally digging this 30 year old dude that I've known for a few years and then I remember that I'm 20 (and that he has a gorgeous girlfriend) and it makes me sad.

Then I also realize I don't date people.

forget the gf part because straight talk: you will change SO MUCH from 20 to 30. source: me. shake it off and move along.

I think I have a crush on my manager at my new job. She's a lot like me. But 30, nerdier and angrier. Idk. I've been there like 2 months, and at first I was like "cool, I don't find her physically attractive so we're gonna be super cool buddies!" But... Idk. I'm a bit confused.

We haven't even had the "I like women" talk. But we both wear ties to work (per our own choice), her best friends are 2 gay guys, her major is in criminal justice, we've talked about the L word at length... she set off my gaydar immediately.

And now that I'm all thinking I might have a crush, I got nervous and weird when she came in today.

We text and stuff, I really like talking to her, she gets my dry/sarcastic sense of humor.

Dangerous!

don't shit where you eat...even if she does wear a tie, dammnnn

but wait, is she cute

relationships are hard

marriages are harder

kids make marriages even harder

no wonder people give up.

i'm not close to giving up but i just need to remember just how hard it is to do what i'm doing.  oh, also add that the wife and i have switched gender roles.

life is hard yo.

let's talk more about this. because you are right marriages are damn hard. can't imagine the kid part.

what do you mean switched gender roles? you a stay at home dad now?

forget the gf part because straight talk: you will change SO MUCH from 20 to 30. source: me. shake it off and move along.

but wait, is she cute

I will, I'm not worried about it. He's just a babe and I've been having serial crushes on people. 

Its just weird for me and I don't know how to handle it, I've just been really annoyed with myself lately.

Also, Nicky, this.

You said you weren't physically attracted to her, so I'm confused.

You don't have to be physically attracted to someone at first in order to have a crush on them.  You can dig their personality which allows you to see them in a different light, THEN you find yourself attracted to them physically.

Also, I know the supervisor/employee relationship is a no-no. =\ But sometimes you find that seeking out a person is more important than the job in the long run.

Source: me.  I met my boyfriend at my last job and I did not enjoy him at first, not my type etc.  We got to know each other and now I'm crazy about him. =]