Deftones - Koi No Yokan released Nov. 13th

That looks sexy as hell. If they were smart, they would have cut this thing at relatively low volume to account for how much duration they're pushing per side. That alone should make this LP sound better than the CD in ways. If they just plain fixed the CD's awful master ahead the cutting process, that would be even better. I'm looking forward to getting mine but my amazon order hasn't even shipped yet.

If they just plain fixed the CD's awful master ahead the cutting process, that would be even better. I'm looking forward to getting mine but my amazon order hasn't even shipped yet.

There's a 24bit 96khz master that was supplied to HDtracks, which sounds much much better than the CD. I imagine at least this master was used, possibly some extra care.

How about the inner grooves?

Yep all good! Seriously, you guys are going to love it. The last track is very sparse instrumentally and it was spot on right till the end. Record has very low surface noise too. Volume is not mastered hot, pretty standard as I set to my normal settings. Thankfully it works well on a single LP!  Hope the HT variant is as good.

There's a 24bit 96khz master that was supplied to HDtracks, which sounds much much better than the CD. I imagine at least this master was used, possibly some extra care.

I know about the HDtracks master. I was hoping they would use that for the LP. I've never heard the whole thing but just listening to the samples on their website you can totally hear the difference.

Also, I dig the simple design of that label. It suits the art. The cover looks a bit different from the CD as well. More of that orangey red in the center. Seems to be, anyway.