PO: New Found Glory - Sticks and Stones LP Reissue

jhulud

LOL Originally Hot Topic shipped me this and a GD record in a bubble mailer and both covers got bent to hell. I called and told them they should have been in a media mailer, and they said sure, they'd send me out 2 new copies, no problem. 

Just got both copies in the mail and guess what, this time no bubble mailer, just a plastic grey sleeve like they'd use for a t-shirt.

You guessed it, both of these covers are destroyed too. 

Apparently they like spending money to send me out new records for free every couple weeks...

Only time I had a problem with HT was when I worked there and they shipped my package from the kiosk thing in the store to the store. I bought that Used s/t 2xlp when it came out and they shipped it in a cardboard mailer and bubble wrap, but the jacket was still beat up. No idea how that happened. 

Welp. I still say I've never received a package from HT that didn't come in tip-top shape, but I guess I am just lucky. At least you can laugh about it. Alone.

Not sure it has to do with luck but I hadn't a problem with HT shipping until these 2 records were sent to me the last two times.

Alone? Actually I showed some of my buddies who collect vinyl too and we had a good laugh about it too.

It's on their dime so I don't really care. 

Update:

KRM replied to my email in regards to the pressing info for the black variant of this reissue.

Tuns out that they're "pretty sure" that it's /1000. Good enough for me, I guess.

So here's an update of the breakdown for the pressing info on the Sticks & Stones repress:

Red: /1500
Black: /1000
Blue: /600
Green: (?)/500

So... /2600 in total? Weird.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey all! Favor needed!

I own the red reissue but not any of the others. Can anyone that own the black, blue, or green look at this discogs page and let me know if their info matches?

http://www.discogs.com/New-Found-Glory-Sticks-And-Stones/release/4114869

If you're feeling ambitious, these three discogs entries need serious work (I'll hammer them out if people confirm the info is the same as the red [aside from the color]):

http://www.discogs.com/New-Found-Glory-Sticks-And-Stones/release/4098241

http://www.discogs.com/New-Found-Glory-Sticks-And-Stones/release/4086218

http://www.discogs.com/New-Found-Glory-Sticks-And-Stones/release/4507755

This is the info I have for those records: 

• New Found Glory - "Sticks and Stones" | Second Press Black /? | Epitaph Records
  • New Found Glory - "Sticks and Stones" | Second Press HT Exclusive Red /1500 | Epitaph Records
  • New Found Glory - "Sticks and Stones" | Second Press Tour Exclusive Green /500 | Epitaph Records
  • New Found Glory - "Sticks and Stones" | Second Press Translucent Blue /600 | Epitaph Records

I tried emailing KRM about the black variant, but I would always get the response, "We're not sure how many were pressed". Same with the black variant for Radiosurgery. 

The Tour Exclusive Green /500 info I got from a KRM email as well. So I'm sure that's spot on. 

• 8 years later...
9 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

triple b is an interesting route for this. Also this record aged terribly. 

you think?

I gave it a spin again yesterday and I still think it holds up incredibly well compared to some modern pop-punk. (with the exception of "My Friends Over You" as that's pretty bad imo)