Black Friday 2012 RSD Releases Updated 10/9

dreamover

I went to Newbury Comics in Northampton right for the opening this morning. Got everything I wanted. I went over and looked at the rack, then an employee came over and was like "Can I help anyone find anything?!"

I told him I was looking for a Primus 10" but couldn't seem to find it. He went in the back and someone left a stack of like 40-50 records that they just didn't feel like putting out on the shelf last night, so he holds it out and goes "The Primus record you wanted...we only have one" and some dude straight up grabbed it out his hand right before I could even grab it. But thankfully the employee said, "no that's not for you, he asked for it" The dude gave me the shittiest look literally like he was going to stab me over a $10 record...But yeah, I did get that thankfully especially since it was the only one at any of the local stores. I also got The Rolling Stones 7", My Morning Jacket 10" (which I got the second of two they had), and a Grateful Dead - Winterland '71 2xLP, which was everything I wanted and I was fucking stoked.

This was my first time hitting up a record store for these RSD's, and it was successful. Looking forward to the next one. Hope all of you can find what you were looking for!

My friend went out to a local store by us and said they wanted 75 for nirvana! Are there any penalties for ripping people off with these releases? All of the guys stuff was grossly over priced!

yes there are penalties but the idiots who run RSD won't actually do anything when stores get reported to them. if you email them telling them about a store that is abusing the rules nothing ever happens despite their assurances that they will "take care of it." i think the most they do is remove a store from their official list on the RSD website. SRC has been reported to them every year since they aren't an actual record store, and every year people get told SRC is banned and can no longer particpate and won't be able to get RSD exclusive releases yet they still get pretty much all the releases to sell online.