How much do you spend on records monthly?

I've been doing this for all my media related purchases ever since buying my first CD.

This year it's been just over $100/month for records, mostly because I got heavily into buying movies this january. But it fluctuates a lot, I've spent a total of $87.45 on vinyl throughout 2010, while 2008 and 09 were both at around $250-$275/month.

So, now I have to ask the grand total on media since that very first CD

So, now I have to ask the grand total on media since that very first CD

I never actually went through everything before, as I have separate spreadsheets for music, games, movies etc. Just put it all together, slightly under $30k over the span of 12 years, out of which $26k is 2007-present. It's honestly not as much as I had expected.

my buying habits are really random.

it's rare that i can afford to buy records, but when i can i splurge.

so i'll go a while without buying anything, and then drop a ton like 2 months down the road.

if we averaged this out into a monthly (insert math word) it would probably be about $25 or $30 a month.

Usually at least $500 a month. Sometimes closer to $1k.

I am lucky to have an understanding wife...

Forget your wife, you're just lucky to have the income to do it. I'm assuming your not just maxing out credit cards that are building up to massive debt that you'll never be able to pay.

I used to blow my entire check luckily i've recovered most of that money by selling half my collection. so I buy maybe one a month plus a few used. it's much easier to skip over stuff now I can't tell you how many times i've seen newer open lp's sell for below retail on ebay.

I mostly pre-order online lately, or buy through here or other 2nd hand websites because there are no nice Vinyl stores in Belgium that sell the latest stuff (as far that I'm aware off, someone inform me if you know one)

And I also buy a lot at shows IF they got some nice records with them.

So it goes from €0 - 200 MAX a month. But the 200 is rather rare.

just did the math ( i keep all my receipts)

This Month

Online: 163.86

In stores: 97.63

and next month is sure to be as high with midtown, the green day-insomniac repress and a bunch of stuff I have been waiting on. my decision to stop drinking in excess has given me more money for records....and I like it.