American Horror Story - Season 6 On Now (Beware Spoilers)

I was avoiding this thread all day yesterday because I didn't want to know what happened. Very pleased with the season finale. Not exactly what I was predicting, but the underdog won in the end so I am happy about that. I feel the worst for Misty Day. She was such a sweetheart/badass, and she was the only one who didn't deserve what became of her. 

I heard next season predominately takes place in the 1950s and will incorporate another era as well. Music, war, NASA were all big events in the 50s and we know that Lange will have a German accent. I guess we will just have to wait and see where Ryan Murphy takes us. 

Glad they signed on for a season 5 also. This show is one of my biggest guilty pleasures. 

Ranking thus far would be 2 > 1 > 3  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I still did not like Lange singing. Butchered a really great song. And to see a preview of Dot singing Fiona Apple. I'm just not into it. Maybe I just really hate anachronisms. Same reason I mostly disliked the movie the Great Gatsby. Makes it seem like they have to put those things in there to try to win over this generation, but to me it's corny and out of place.

And the accents. I really need to turn on closed captioning if I want to know anything of what Lange is saying.

/unpopular opinion

Not a fan of this season...yet. Though my opinion probably doesn't count because Coven was easily my favorite. 

ALSO WHY ARE PEOPLE SO DUMB. If I saw that clown coming toward me, I would run as fast as I could. Then when her boyfriend is being slaughtered...she runs in the opposite direction of the car. 

I swear they were trying to prove that Geico commercial right.

I still did not like Lange singing. Butchered a really great song. And to see a preview of Dot singing Fiona Apple. I'm just not into it. Maybe I just really hate anachronisms. Same reason I mostly disliked the movie the Great Gatsby. Makes it seem like they have to put those things in there to try to win over this generation, but to me it's corny and out of place.

And the accents. I really need to turn on closed captioning if I want to know anything of what Lange is saying.

/unpopular opinion

I agree with this bolded part. If you think about it, the creators are skewing the 50's anyway. They are making the era dark when most could say(in real life) it was not. 

Liked the song. The clown was extremely well done. I guess it's not that hard to make a scary clown, though..

Definitely on board with Lange's accent being awful and makes what she is saying difficult to understand. Definitely gonna need subtitles.

Also, plenty of characters that haven't been introduced yet, based on the cast.