Fall Out Boy - From Under the Cork Tree 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

travis

And weren't you the one criticizing elitists? Yet here you are in a thread about a band you don't like calling it clutter.

Well yeah, I ended up calling Fall Out Boy clutter. But the reason I came in here to begin with was because I saw that the thread was at 33 pages. Now, having been a lurker here for awhile, I figured that meant something fun must have happened. Then I saw the stuff about n00b posts, and thought I'd offer my own opinion. I'm really not pissed, never was. I just think if somebody's going to act like an internet tough guy, it's alright to join in and do the same with an opposing view.

I guess my mistake was forgetting this is the internet though. That's what I gather. So you guys go ahead and keep mapping your thought-out plans for forum restrictions, and I'll just be over here taking things seriously. Sorry, guys.

Well yeah, I ended up calling Fall Out Boy clutter. But the reason I came in here to begin with was because I saw that the thread was at 33 pages. Now, having been a lurker here for awhile, I figured that meant something fun must have happened. Then I saw the stuff about n00b posts, and thought I'd offer my own opinion. I'm really not pissed, never was. I just think if somebody's going to act like an internet tough guy, it's alright to join in and do the same with an opposing view.

I guess my mistake was forgetting this is the internet though. That's what I gather. So you guys go ahead and keep mapping your thought-out plans for forum restrictions, and I'll just be over here taking things seriously. Sorry, guys.

so if you're a lurker, then you're clearly aware of what i was getting at with my concept for restriction. and you're in favor of it continuing?

you must be pissed at everyone trying to come up with solutions for gun control, too.

I understand I was a noob once too but I still tried to avoid asking questions unless I really couldn't find an answer.

Exactly.  Think of it like it's your first day at a new school or a new job.  You're not going to ask dumb ass questions like "Where's the bathroom?" in the middle of a lecture or meeting.  And you're not going to insult the students who've been at the school longer than you or the employees who've worked there longer than you.  It might be the internet, but you still need to show a little decorum.

On a more related note, I have a copy of this on hold for me to pick up this evening!

so if you're a lurker, then you're clearly aware of what i was getting at with my concept for restriction. and you're in favor of it continuing?

you must be pissed at everyone trying to come up with solutions for gun control, too.

This. In this country talking about Gun Control means wanting to ban all guns for all time. You can't have a conversation, plus I always get shot. 

Exactly! For me, forum restrictions:solutions for gun control::people who say "vinyl":school shootings.

Look, I get it. People should know how to use a search function, should know that the plural of vinyl is vinyl, etc. etc. I know. But I just don't think it matters THAT MUCH when they don't. I don't think it warrants constant flaming or treating them like outcasts because they haven't been around as long. It's not hard to search for the answer to a maybe stupid question, but is it that much harder to politely repond and tell them where to go to find it? There are a lot people just getting into records. I think that's a great thing. Give them a break.

Exactly! For me, forum restrictions:solutions for gun control::people who say "vinyl":school shootings.

Look, I get it. People should know how to use a search function, should know that the plural of vinyl is vinyl, etc. etc. I know. But I just don't think it matters THAT MUCH when they don't. I don't think it warrants constant flaming or treating them like outcasts because they haven't been around as long. It's not hard to search for the answer to a maybe stupid question, but is it that much harder to politely repond and tell them where to go to find it? There are a lot people just getting into records. I think that's a great thing. Give them a break.

But what's easier.. stopping the question of one person, or stopping the "answer" of a collective group?