Riot Fest 2013

bgdesign

I was at Toronto, as far as festivals go it wasn't that badly organized.  The venue wasn't the greatest and the food vendors they had were horrible.  They had these people selling hot dogs and people were buying them then walking back and saying they were stone cold.  I saw one guy wipe his nose then pick up a hot dog and serve it to someone.  It was pretty much the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

I heard through the grapevine that it's actually the Replacements, but I have literally zero confirmation on that. (Heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend, etc.)

That would be huge.  However, I won't get my hopes up.

I did notice that RiotFest tagged Johnny Marr in their Twitter announcement with their initial release but he is nowhere to be seen in the current line-up.   I doubt he's big enough on his own to warrant a headlining spot but some of his other projects may be.

That would be huge.  However, I won't get my hopes up.

I did notice that RiotFest tagged Johnny Marr in their Twitter announcement with their initial release but he is nowhere to be seen in the current line-up.   I doubt he's big enough on his own to warrant a headlining spot but some of his other projects may be.

he hasn't been with modest mouse recently, but that would be a good one.

Anyone see Riot Fest's FB post POSSIBLY hinting that either Op Ivy or Green Day could be the mystery guest? God I hope it's not Green Day.  That would be the ultimate buzz kill right now considering the options...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151483612083737&set=a.10150195259743737.310785.37054718736&type=1&theater

Anyone see Riot Fest's FB post POSSIBLY hinting that either Op Ivy or Green Day could be the mystery guest? God I hope it's not Green Day.  That would be the ultimate buzz kill right now considering the options...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151483612083737&set=a.10150195259743737.310785.37054718736&type=1&theater

Not sure that I would read too much into those posts.  He posted a Sex Pistols flier not too long ago.

Op Ivy would be pretty rad.  However, they probably fall into the "long shot" end of the speculation spectrum (right behind the Replacements rumor).

Looking at some of the more pragmatic possibilities, I would be ok with Green Day--it beats some of the alternatives that have been mentioned (Social Distortion).