Recently Viewing

The second season was my favorite, after that I thought the quality fluctuated a lot per episode. Overall, I dig it though. You should have fun catching up on it.

Yeah i am a big fan of binge watching a show rather than while its on. Hate having to wait a year to see what happens next. I also really don't have time to keep up with shows so just wait till a few seasons are out then catch up. I always miss a bunch of episodes then just give up. People keep saying good things about SOA but from all shows ive seen you hit the point of diminishing return and it starts to suck. Don't know if there is any plan to wind the show down or keep it rolling.

Yeah i am a big fan of binge watching a show rather than while its on. Hate having to wait a year to see what happens next. I also really don't have time to keep up with shows so just wait till a few seasons are out then catch up. I always miss a bunch of episodes then just give up. People keep saying good things about SOA but from all shows ive seen you hit the point of diminishing return and it starts to suck. Don't know if there is any plan to wind the show down or keep it rolling.

The next season of SOA is going to be it's last.  I agree about the diminishing returns and I feel like almost every show hits that point (some hit it much harder than others).  The problem I have is that after I've commited a few years to a show, I like to see it through to the sometimes very bitter end.

The next season of SOA is going to be it's last. I agree about the diminishing returns and I feel like almost every show hits that point (some hit it much harder than others). The problem I have is that after I've commited a few years to a show, I like to see it through to the sometimes very bitter end.

I am the same way. Though i broke it with true blood. I watched the first 3 seasons then it started jumping the shark hard and just gave up.

Rush

Certainly not Howard's best as the buzz stated but an entertaining film nonetheless. Good story but a bit predictable if you read anything about it beforehand. I advise you rent it and watch it blind, read nothing. I think you'll dig it since there will be a couple surprises if you aren't familiar with the story. 

Frozen

Took my boy, niece and nephew. Didn't know it was a musical but it was entertaining. I doubt I'd have liked it as much if I didn't have my three year old to look down at and see his smile. I love that he's enjoying movies with me. Very typical Disney story but it was funny and entertaining. If you have kids it's a safe bet and there are no other great options right now for little ones. 

Saving Mr. Banks

I think it was well acted but too many repetitive shrill scenes of Travers complaining about what they are doing to her poor Mary ultimately drained most of the good will I had for the happy ending. Film could have cut out 15 minutes and she still would have been grating. I say watch it on demand if you must see it and don't think this is a date movie. You'll fear that any gal your with might turn into a bitch at some point in her life and make you eternally miserable. 

12 Years A Slave: Fantastic film. Wish there was more Cumberbatch. Well deserving of all its praises and probably one of the most uncomfortable films I've seen.

Saving Mr. Banks: Great family movie. It is tough to listen to PL Travers whine all the time but still a very good movie. Wish there was more Paul Giamatti in it.

They ended up over inviting for the Inside Llewyn Davis screening so I didn't get to see it. Which pissed me off. But I did watch Drinking Buddies tonight, which was really good. Probably the best mumble core movie I've seen.

I liked Drinking Buddies quite a bit.  I don't know if it's my favorite of the genre, but it's up there.  It's odd seeing a relatively recognizable cast in something like that, but I thought it worked well.

Machine Gun Preacher

I'm in my office and there is a screener sitting around for a 2011 film that judging by the title had to be awesome. Right? 

I like watching movies completely blind so I take it home and pop it in. It's not as fun as the title makes it seem. Supposedly based on a true story we get Gerard Butler heading into Sudan to save orphans and lead the fight against Kony. As far as the sub-genre of White Person Saves Black Person goes this one falls somewhere below the median. I read a couple articles about the main character and there are some very concerning things about him that makes a film lionizing his efforts a questionable endeavor. Hard to recommend this to anyone. 

But I did watch Drinking Buddies tonight, which was really good. Probably the best mumble core movie I've seen.

I liked Drinking Buddies quite a bit. I don't know if it's my favorite of the genre, but it's up there. It's odd seeing a relatively recognizable cast in something like that, but I thought it worked well.

It made me sad how disappointed I was with this movie, especially since I really enjoy everything Joe Swanberg does and I like the majority of the cast in other things they've done.

Inside lleywen Davis

It was decent. Goodman was funny as fuck but only in the movie for about 15 minutes. Overall, just one of those movies where you walk out thinking "that wasn't bad, but what was the point?"

Where is this playing?? I'm dying to see it.

Edit: I guess it's playing in royal oak. Anywhere else?