Recently Viewing

I recently finished watching Party Down. Good series, I wish that it would have lasted a little bit longer.

It was an excellent show. There have been rumors about a movie for years but who knows. None of those people are really A-listers but they are all over over movies/shows. Probably pretty hard to get them all to commit.

It was an excellent show. There have been rumors about a movie for years but who knows. None of those people are really A-listers but they are all over over movies/shows. Probably pretty hard to get them all to commit.

I'm sure they'd all be down, but I have a feeling scheduling would be an nightmare

Party Down is seriously one of my favorites.  Such an underrated/hilarious show.

FYE was having a sale today only where all used DVD's were 40% off and then with my membership card I got another 10% off.  I went ahead and picked up the 1st season of Girls.  Mainly because my girlfriend's been wanting me to watch it with her because she really likes the show.  Any other guys here that have seen the show and can maybe give their opinion on whether or not another guy would like it?

Oh, I also picked up the first season of Bates Motel.  I watched almost the whole season as it aired on TV but I fell behind and missed the last 3 or 4 episodes.  With the sale it was only $10 so I couldn't pass it up.

Party Down is seriously one of my favorites.  Such an underrated/hilarious show.

FYE was having a sale today only where all used DVD's were 40% off and then with my membership card I got another 10% off.  I went ahead and picked up the 1st season of Girls.  Mainly because my girlfriend's been wanting me to watch it with her because she really likes the show.  Any other guys here that have seen the show and can maybe give their opinion on whether or not another guy would like it?

Oh, I also picked up the first season of Bates Motel.  I watched almost the whole season as it aired on TV but I fell behind and missed the last 3 or 4 episodes.  With the sale it was only $10 so I couldn't pass it up.

Girls is pretty good. Usually I really like it, but sometimes it can be a little grating. You can definitely enjoy it as a dude.

I like Girls quite a bit.  It can be a little self indulgent at times and it has a few other minor issues, but I think it's one of the better shows on TV.

There was a very brief Party Down reunion on Childrens Hospital.  But you're right, almost everyone in that show is on at least show currently airing.  Seems like Ken Marino pops up everywhere these days.

Got all caught up with Shameless last night.  This season seems way more dramatic.  They've done a really good job of putting the characters into really embarrassing/nervous situations and I don't normally feel awkward when watching movies/tv shows, but this season has certainly done that to me. 

Been trying to get through my severely backlogged dvr. Watched a few things over the weekend.

The comedy: really like tim and eric, found this movie to just be meh. Probably wouldnt watch it again.

42: entertaining and enjoyable. Played the "what the hell did harrison ford just say" game alot. Couldnt stop thinking about ralph garman and his interpretation of modern day ford the whole time.

Oblivion: all around enjoyed it and didnt think i would. They did alot of not filling in details and made the viewer take a leap of trust on whats going on. Worked on some parts, some very annoying.

Trying to decide what show to watch next. Thinking top of the lake. Short and sweet.

The comedy: really like tim and eric, found this movie to just be meh. Probably wouldnt watch it again.

I really liked The Comedy.  It's quite a departure from what Tim normally does, but I think he was excellent in it.  It's such a flat out bummer of a movie, it resonated with me for days after viewing.

Watched the Oldboy remake tonight, and I didn't hate it as much as I expected I would. Of course it pales in comparison to the original, but it was actually decent.

I can't even bring myself to watch it. The original was just too damn good for a remake.

I watched Someone Marry Barry last night and loved it! Thought it was a good solid romantic comedy leaning more towards the comedy side, and Tyler Labine steals my heart with each character he plays. He's a crazy lovable dude. 

Watched the Oldboy remake tonight, and I didn't hate it as much as I expected I would. Of course it pales in comparison to the original, but it was actually decent.

I'm really curious to watch this as well.  I've heard a lot of good things and not too many bad so I'm sure I'll watch it at some point.

I can't even bring myself to watch it. The original was just too damn good for a remake.

I recommend it still if you're a fan of the original. It wasn't a shot for shot remake as I was expecting but they were still similar. The remake still has some awesome Kung Fu scenes, which is where I was especially impressed. My main criticism with it is it had to have been cut to all hell. There's no way Spike Lee purposely made it 100 minutes, and the character development throughout as well as the ending felt very rushed.

Watched the "We Are What We Are" remake last night.  I liked it a LITTLE better than the original.  Both were great though.

I've been meaning to watch both and haven't gotten around to it, I'll add them to my 'to watch' list.

I watched The Counselor last night.  I knew it was going to be bad going in, but that was a turd of a movie.  It was hoping that it would be a 'fun to watch bad', but it was flat out bad.  I think McCarthy's script had to be the weak link.  I guess it just shows that you can't fix a garbage script by piling a bunch of talent on top of it.