Recently Viewing

Watched a couple of horror flicks yesterday on Netflix. Watched You're Next finally and absolutely loved it. Creepshow 2 was alright, but The Raft story was awesome. Also got around to seeing The Sacrament and loved that as well. I feel as if Ti West can do no wrong, and is quickly becoming one of my favorite directors. I know a lot of people are turned off by his slow burning approach, but I love it. My stomach always feels as if it's knotted up every time I watch one of his movies.

Anyone have any recommendations for other horror films on Netflix that I need to watch?

Other than Game of Thrones, The Knick has got to be one of the best live-action TV programs of all time.

The soundtrack is dope too.

I've also been watching The Knick. It's been fantastic! A much better show than I thought it was going to be. 

Recently watched Housebound which is a comedy/horror/thriller. I really enjoyed it. Those New Zealanders have a good sense of humor. 

Also watched The Town That Dreaded Sundown remake. Typical slasher movie feel without being over the top. Some of it was really cliche, but overall the death scenes were well done and it was an entertaining flick. I haven't seen the original so I don't have much to compare it too. 

Got through some stuff this weekend.

Let's Be Cops - It was entertaining and I got a fair amount of laughs from it.  I can't really see myself watching it a second time though.

High Tension - Except for the terrible ending (and the Muse songs), it was fantastic.

I Spit On Your Grave (original) - This has been on my watch list for so many years and I finally got around to it.  I like revenge flicks, so this was right up my alley.  A little slower moving that I would have liked, but that's more because it's an older flick.

Cloud with a Chance of Meatballs - Probably wouldn't have watched it if Lord/Miller weren't involved.  It's probably the weakest thing I've seen from them, but it wasn't bad by any means.  I was also pretty drunk, so I'm not sure if that helped at all.

Oh man, I watched Lets Be Cops the other day and the whole first half was pretty disappointing, but it picked up towards the end. A few laughs, but definitely won't watch it again.

Also watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Holy shit that movie was intense. I really enjoyed it, and it was very entertaining. Lots of action and drama to keep you on the edge of your seat while still tugging at your heart strings. 

Oh, and I forgot about How to Train Your Dragon II. Loved the first one and still enjoyed this one, but didn't think it was as good as the first.