Recently Viewing

Has anyone used the Hola add on for their computer? Just found out about this. you can switch where your browsing from country wise and see different streaming sites that arent available. For example if you are in USA you can switch to canada and see canadas netflix whcih apparently has a bunch different compared to ours.

Yeah, Canada Netflix has a ton of great shows streaming. I watched Community and Shameless with hola last week.

And I've been thinking a lot about Steve Carrell in Foxcatcher. I'm not sure if it is an award winning performance but it is certainly career redefining. He has a range he only now showing us. Very cool.

And with Birdman I'm wondering if it is the most brilliantly shot film I've seen in years. The cinematography feels like it accomplished something I've only seen done unsuccessfully but with great ambition previously.

Hobbit - Jackson sure knows how to direct a fantasy battle. I still think they tried too much and that this trilogy is inferior to LOTR BUT considering I hated the first Hobbit, I can say it wrapped up with a punch and im pretty happy with the run overall. Entertaining as heck.

Woke up thinking about Birdman, film is genre bending, it has me thinking. Such a rad film. I love when A film simply remains with me and challenges me to consider why.

Watched a few things this weekend.

Dead Man Down: the trailers made this movie look like the action movie of the summer. The film was far from it. Slow paced noir style that was pretty damn good.

X Men Days of Future Past: i fell asleep for like 15 minutes and kind of missed some stuff but really enjoyed it. Think i liked first class more but really no complaints.

Rush: ron howards racing movie was enjoyable but over two hours for no reason. Glad to have watched it for free.

Started curious case of benjamin button but only got about an hour in because i went to bed. Hopefully will finish tonight.

Well, it may have taken me years to jump on the train, but my girlfriend and I FINALLY started Lost tonight.

I'm hooked.

Did you watch True Detective? The ending is similar. Without giving anything away, it's not the "Holy shit, every single thing formed this intricate puzzle with a reveal at the end that you never saw coming" ending (which many were expected and disappointed they did not get). More just kinda loosely wraps things up in a way that more or less makes sense with the story.

I only say that because I think it will make the show more enjoyable to watch. Don't try and solve the mystery using every little detail of the show's plot. Just go along for the ride.

Did you watch True Detective? The ending is similar. Without giving anything away, it's not the "Holy shit, every single thing formed this intricate puzzle with a reveal at the end that you never saw coming" ending (which many were expected and disappointed they did not get). More just kinda loosely wraps things up in a way that more or less makes sense with the story.

I only say that because I think it will make the show more enjoyable to watch. Don't try and solve the mystery using every little detail of the show's plot. Just go along for the ride.

I did actually!  And I absolutely loved it.  I am already kind of getting that vibe from Lost so I know I'm gonna end up loving it too.

I just realized I haven't been in this thread for a while.  My movie time was a little limited for the last few months, but not so much so now.

Watched a few things this week.

This is Where I Leave You - Not great by any means, but I enjoyed it.  It had a lot of people I like in it and I think had the cast been differently, I wouldn't have given it a chance.

The Guest - I loved it.  It was a plane watch and I need to rewatch it at home, but it was rad.  The soundtrack is awesome too.

Neighbors - I thought this movie was hilarious, Zac Efron and Dave Franco killed it as frat leaders and I fell in love with Rose Byrne after seeing her in this.

The Interview - Watched this a couple days after so it was weird going from a Rogen/Franco to a Rogen/Franco. But, I will have to say I enjoyed Neighbors 100x more than The Interview. There were some really great parts (Franco hanging with Un, Rogen getting his fingers bit off, etc) but at so many parts it fell flat.

Watched "White Bird In A Blizzard" for the second time in a couple months tonight. Without a doubt my favorite movie of the year. It so unbelievably good. Seriously, everyone needs to see this.

Also watched "Men, Women, and Children." Not very good unfortunately... Go watch the trailer and whatever you THINK it'll be like, it probably is.

Yeah, Canada Netflix has a ton of great shows streaming. I watched Community and Shameless with hola last week.

Did you do this with the Hola program? for the life of me I cannot get it to work.  i switch the browser to canada, try and log into my netflix account and it says sorry streaming is only available on this account in the lower 48. not sure how to fix that... 

HELP!