I bought the Downward 12" when it came out and had a good time with it, but I was actually VERY underwhelmed by GoE, for some reason. There were/still are so many bands toying with that shoe-gazey sound and Nothing didn't really stand out among the masses. With that being said, I'll give ToT a fair shot and see where it takes me, but they're not a band I'm willing to throw my money at blindly.

I took notice of those controversies, but I stopped caring because it had such a shit-show character. If people choose to stop supporting a band because of online rambling by one of its members that's something I'm absolutely fine with, but it's not the reason why I don't join in on the mass excitement for the new record around here just yet.

I'm with you... we've definitely had this conversation before too. I enjoy other bands doing this sound way more...

We all like what we like.

man. some scary shit going down in my neighborhood tonight. crazy search helicopters circling over my building for the past few hours. super intense cops up on our roof. police cars up and down the street.

apparently a cop was shot on my corner earlier and a massive manhunt is underway for one of the suspects.

man. some scary shit going down in my neighborhood tonight. crazy search helicopters circling over my building for the past few hours. super intense cops up on our roof. police cars up and down the street.

apparently a cop was shot on my corner earlier and a massive manhunt is underway for one of the suspects.

Holy shit. Stay safe Lauren!

Lauren pls be safe. I hope u are safe.

Holy shit. Stay safe Lauren!

This for sure. Stay safe Lauren. Hopefully the cop is ok too. People who shot cops are morons.

Lauren pls be safe. I hope u are safe.

thanks guys! i'm not planning on leaving my apartment any time soon (although not sure i actually have a choice in the matter either way). hopefully i've got enough beer to get me through the night. certainly have enough records that came in the mail the past few days to help distract me/drown out the chopper noises. 

the cop just got shot in the shoulder and will be okay. but they're still looking for one of the three suspects involved. i think it was just a standard drug bust gone wrong. plainclothes narcotic officer. 

I came home from work a couple of weeks ago and there were tons of cop cars/black SUVs blocking off a few of the streets around mine. Turns out there was a criminal from America's Most Wanted hiding out in a house the next street over from me. 

oh shit. glad you're okay.

is that show still a thing? i don't have a tv, but i kept thinking it would be crazy to be watching the news seeing what was actually going down outside. would've been nuts watching an episode of America's Most Wanted go down right outside your door. 

instead, i just kept refreshing twitter. 

I lived right next to a bar where someone got shot. It was part of a gang initiation. Dude shot the wrong guy.

My ex woke up and sat up in bed and was like "WHAT WAS THAT?!" I said "Oh it's just some kids playing with firecrackers, go back to bed." I was super wrong. That's only the first time someone got shot right outside my window.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic