Someone left a bottle of raspberry-chocolate wine at my house on New Year's Eve.

Not sure if I want to try it or toss it

It's good, nothing to write home about but it's worth a try I think. I've had chocolate wine and raspberry chocolate, I liked both.

I honestly don't remember the last time I went outside. I think it was Friday.

It's supposed to be 16 degrees when I leave my house for class tomorrow. All of the county school systems in this and neighboring counties have cancelled class. Apparently, college kids/employees are less susceptible to subzero wind chill and the potential for frostbite than grade schoolers.

Between waking up to no power to my dog barking like crazy (for reasons I can't comprehend) to trouble with both of my computers, today has been a goddamn trial.  Luckily, all of those issues seem to be resolved and I can now try to enjoy my day off.  Unfortunately, they made me really irritable and now I just feel really on edge.  Definitely not how I wanted to start my day, hopefully the worst is over.

In regard to $14 for a pitcher of beer, I would be a-ok with that!  I'm used to paying $5-6/pint or at least $16/pitcher (for anything that isn't PBR or Rainier.)

I have the worst sleeping habit(s). I have to open the building where I work once a week at 5am, and I'm never really able to get to sleep before 2am most nights because I work late the rest of the week. So I end up pulling all nighters on nights like tonight and just sleep throughout the day once I'm off. But it throws off my entire sleep schedule the rest of the week. Vicious cycle. Super shitty vicious cycle.

I wish there were other people up right now. :(

I have the worst sleeping habit(s). I have to open the building where I work once a week at 5am, and I'm never really able to get to sleep before 2am most nights because I work late the rest of the week. So I end up pulling all nighters on nights like tonight and just sleep throughout the day once I'm off. But it throws off my entire sleep schedule the rest of the week. Vicious cycle. Super shifty vicious cycle.

I'm in Indiana and it's 5 am

I have the worst sleeping habit(s). I have to open the building where I work once a week at 5am, and I'm never really able to get to sleep before 2am most nights because I work late the rest of the week. So I end up pulling all nighters on nights like tonight and just sleep throughout the day once I'm off. But it throws off my entire sleep schedule the rest of the week. Vicious cycle. Super shifty vicious cycle.

Awake at 3 am here.

pet peeve:

When people stand so close to me on the train, they eventually force me to move from my spot. Because you're fucking touching me. Because you choose to stand directly next to me or in front of me and your body sways to hit mine or your oversized backpack is 3 milimeters from slamming into my face. Because it's not like there wasn't space for you to stand elsewhere.

Go find a fire and play in it.

I'm sure many people would do this today to stay warm.

Also, my sleeping habits suck too, I am typically up until 1a-3a, every night, and then back up at 6a. I am always tired at work and tell myself I will get to bed early.. and then stare at the ceiling until 1a-3a.

pet peeve:

When people stand so close to me on the train, they eventually force me to move from my spot. Because you're fucking touching me. Because you choose to stand directly next to me or in front of me and your body sways to hit mine or your oversized backpack is 3 milimeters from slamming into my face. Because it's not like there wasn't space for you to stand elsewhere.

pet peeve:

This is the only reason I'm happy my area doesn't have public transit.

I hate being touched.

The worst is when strangers touch my hair without asking because apparently unnatural colored hair looks "so real" and "healthy" on my head. I wish I was joking.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic