It isn't that weird. They'll turn over X amount of marketing budget to agency of record for a specific activation. In some instances they'll use multiple agencies who specialize in certain demographics. This particular instance was too targeted to generate much earned media so you could (pretty) safely assume the ever-popular "key influencer" card had been played. Likely, some low-level brand manager than was in charge of select say, 30 messageboards or sites, with the express goal of giving away, say, 10,000 tacos. VC got picked. 

Taco's are given away, powerpoint deck explaining the success of the program is created. Key Influencers ACTIVATED!

Unless they gave one to J. Bannon or other "known" entities on the board. Then they give themselves a little pat on the back for getting a little cross-over brand ambassador action. That would get a special slide in the PPT deck. 

It didn't seem that ludicrous of an idea to me, it just seems like a (somewhat) niche community to try and advertise to about something that isn't related to the aforementioned niche. I suppose that just makes it more appealing, breaking new ground and what not.

Marketing talk.

#knowledge

Drunk texts from an ex kind of night apparently. "Where are you? Are you ok?"

I'M PUSKDKDB!!!

PUGSNG!

PUKING!

Cool. Thx for making me be worried about you.

Yikes. I get drunk e-mails, hahahahaha. 

Honestly the worst. 

I can't believe how well I've been doing selling my clothes? I mean, I still have a decent chunk that needs to be paid off my credit card but it's been helping me not feel so guilty about buying things. Since I grew up in a financially troubled home, I connnstantly deal with money guilt. It's a horrible feeling because you end up blowing more money than the average person to make yourself feel better...and then you feel even worse about yourself. 

I read an article recently about how you should NEVER discuss any financial problems in front of your children because of them growing up to have money guilt, just like I do. Crazy stuff.

So, my mom and I went to Walmart to grab printer ink. I walked outside and threw it over my lap in the car and as we're leaving the parking lot I realize the bag isn't there. My mom pulls over and we search the car and where we were parked...nothing. My mom runs inside to see if it fell out of the car and someone turned it in.

Turns out I apparently never took the bag? My mom's story is the same as mine though, she saw me toss the bag over my lap.

Apparently I tossed it over my lap and into a portal back to Walmart.

ALIENS

What's that movie where they drop stuff in the car and it disappears? Is it Wristcutters: A Love Story?

Such a great movie. 

But dude, it was so bizarre, my mom was really freaked out. Driving home she finally said "don't tell anyone about this or they'll think we're nut jobs." So naturally, I told the internet...well, VC at least.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic