Ill Communication.  I'm slowly working my through their catalogue again.  Check Your Head got plenty of play time late last year.

Ill has always been very high on my list of their work. Same with 5 Boroughs. Let's face it, all Beastie Boys is fantastic.

I'll have to listen to that at work tomorrow.  That's a pretty good sell.

Oh, man. You're going to love it!

I listen to them very regularly.  Never seeing them will always be a regret of mine.

Well since they are putting out their third album, hopefully they will be touring soon.

I haven't seen them either, and all I have on vinyl is Roadburn. Sucks that their albums are so expensive even though they are a US band.

Can anyone tell me how to actually wake up when my alarm goes off?? For the last 2 weeks I've set it for 430am and I just wake up, shut it off and sleep until 5:30. Should I set multiple alarms? Ugh I just have no motivation in winter. Just want to stay snugged in my warm bed.

Can anyone tell me how to actually wake up when my alarm goes off?? For the last 2 weeks I've set it for 430am and I just wake up, shut it off and sleep until 5:30. Should I set multiple alarms? Ugh I just have no motivation in winter. Just want to stay snugged in my warm bed.

I have to set 3 alarms on my phone and then another on my ipad. The hassle of having to turn off all these different devices wakes me up.

My review has not shown up on yelp yet. I think its a conspiracy. Here it is for those interested.

The vet called me yesterday and I said 'can you tell me what the suggested age for allergy testing is?' Her response... A long pause. Then her scrambling and reaching for answers. That pretty much confirmed everything I already knew.

Where do I begin… It’s been a long 7 months. Let’s start from the beginning. I got my rescue pup home and knew I needed to take him in for his checkup. He seemed under the weather and I wanted to get him in ASAP. Call banfield, they’re the only place that can get him in same day. I didn’t want to go with a petsmart corporation, but I had to get my puppy in fast. Hindsight, so many things were questionable. The way they push their wellness plan on you, making it seem like such a good idea in the beginning. For the low low fee of $36/month, all visits are free and his neuter is even covered!! But don’t worry, they more than make up for the free vet visits by pushing products on you and prescribing unneeded medications/tests. And his ‘free' neuter? Still ended up costing me about 100 bucks. So what happens if you decide you want to opt out of the wellness plan, or even worse, your dog dies??? TOO BAD, you will still be charged monthly until your plan is up. I understand this is in the contract I signed, it is MY fault, but I still feel bad for others like me who signed it thinking they were doing the best thing for their dog, but were really just throwing money into a hole, a sad, sad black hole.

Lets move on to some of the questionable things noted here. My dog has been sick on and off since I got him. He is an english bulldog mix so these things are to be expected, but not to the extent he’s experienced. One time we were in the waiting room, and a pug with awful kennel cough exited one of the rooms and was allowed to roam the waiting room with his cough. His owner did not care and even attempted to take him shopping with her in petsmart. Only then did one of the vet techs gently tell her that he shouldn’t be around other dogs. I talked to my friend who is a vet tech and she said that this is not standard protocol at all. The vet she works for will bring a dog with kennel cough in through the back, keep them quarantined away from everyone else, and not allow any other dogs in the room used for 24 hours. So, what did my puppy develop days after this incident? Kennel cough.

Another time I had my puppy in for a checkup and I mentioned that he had coughed once, ONE TIME before we brought him in. He was immediately prescribed two medicines. There have been several other times where they wanted to scrape for mites/run tests because they didn’t have on record that he had JUST been scraped/tested on our last visit. Every time I visited I easily racked up a 100-250 dollar bill. He was rejected for his first neuter because he was sick, and was sent home with antibiotics and also medicine for a supposed ‘scratch on his eye’. I was also told to not wipe under his tail anymore because I could sprain his tail. Anyone will bully knowledge knows that they require weekly and sometimes daily butt maintenance. It might seem ridiculous that I allowed this go to on for so long and to allow them to charge me that much every time, but I was scared and worried for the health of my dog. I would’ve done whatever they suggested I do. I trusted these people.

When he finally did get neutered, he was also diagnosed with allergies. Which had previously been written off as something else which of course involved several tests each with an individual charge not covered by my wellness plan. It was suggested to me that we do an allergy test. A $250 allergy test for my 8 month old puppy. They knew I was willing to do whatever was needed and spend any amount to get my puppy well. I went ahead with the test. At this point I am estimating 2500-3000 dollars spent at this place. Not including my monthly fee for the wellness plan.

Why did I keep going back? Because I didn’t want to be wrong. I Iiked knowing my visit would be free. I kept hoping for that one check-up where my pup didn’t need the extra $200 worth of meds and tests they suggested. I didn’t want to feel like I was stupid for signing up for the wellness plan, but obviously I was. I didn’t know I should've researched every medicine and procedure prescribed by my vet before I allowed it. I shouldn’t have to do that, I should trust that the professionals are doing their job correctly.

At this point I was fed up and questioning a lot of things that had been done. I called a vet here in columbus that has a great reputation with bulldogs. They were shocked that an 8 month old dog was given an allergy test. According to the two vets and my vet tech friend, they all agreed was common knowledge that it’s useless for a dog to be tested for allergies before 1.5-2 years of age when their immune system is fully developed and they’ve gone through all 4 seasons of weather.

As you can see, I have been taken advantage of just because I wanted to do whatever was needed to get my puppy well. Of course I don’t have the knowledge of a vet, that’s why we go to them for help and advice. I trusted these people and believed that they were making the best decisions for my dog. Little did I know… pretty much everything that was done, was done for financial gain. My advice, do your research beforehand. A simple google search of ‘banfield pet hospital’ will tell you everything you need to know. They are a corporation, and they want your money.

Morning folks. So when i try to log in at my work computer, it says i do not have permission. Anyone else have/having this problem? Does this mean im banned?! Good thing im still logged in on my phone!

nevermind the freak out, im in!

My review has not shown up on yelp yet. I think its a conspiracy. Here it is for those interested.

The vet called me yesterday and I said 'can you tell me what the suggested age for allergy testing is?' Her response... A long pause. Then her scrambling and reaching for answers. That pretty much confirmed everything I already knew.

Where do I begin… It’s been a long 7 months. Let’s start from the beginning. I got my rescue pup home and knew I needed to take him in for his checkup. He seemed under the weather and I wanted to get him in ASAP. Call banfield, they’re the only place that can get him in same day. I didn’t want to go with a petsmart corporation, but I had to get my puppy in fast. Hindsight, so many things were questionable. The way they push their wellness plan on you, making it seem like such a good idea in the beginning. For the low low fee of $36/month, all visits are free and his neuter is even covered!! But don’t worry, they more than make up for the free vet visits by pushing products on you and prescribing unneeded medications/tests. And his ‘free' neuter? Still ended up costing me about 100 bucks. So what happens if you decide you want to opt out of the wellness plan, or even worse, your dog dies??? TOO BAD, you will still be charged monthly until your plan is up. I understand this is in the contract I signed, it is MY fault, but I still feel bad for others like me who signed it thinking they were doing the best thing for their dog, but were really just throwing money into a hole, a sad, sad black hole.

Lets move on to some of the questionable things noted here. My dog has been sick on and off since I got him. He is an english bulldog mix so these things are to be expected, but not to the extent he’s experienced. One time we were in the waiting room, and a pug with awful kennel cough exited one of the rooms and was allowed to roam the waiting room with his cough. His owner did not care and even attempted to take him shopping with her in petsmart. Only then did one of the vet techs gently tell her that he shouldn’t be around other dogs. I talked to my friend who is a vet tech and she said that this is not standard protocol at all. The vet she works for will bring a dog with kennel cough in through the back, keep them quarantined away from everyone else, and not allow any other dogs in the room used for 24 hours. So, what did my puppy develop days after this incident? Kennel cough.

Another time I had my puppy in for a checkup and I mentioned that he had coughed once, ONE TIME before we brought him in. He was immediately prescribed two medicines. There have been several other times where they wanted to scrape for mites/run tests because they didn’t have on record that he had JUST been scraped/tested on our last visit. Every time I visited I easily racked up a 100-250 dollar bill. He was rejected for his first neuter because he was sick, and was sent home with antibiotics and also medicine for a supposed ‘scratch on his eye’. I was also told to not wipe under his tail anymore because I could sprain his tail. Anyone will bully knowledge knows that they require weekly and sometimes daily butt maintenance. It might seem ridiculous that I allowed this go to on for so long and to allow them to charge me that much every time, but I was scared and worried for the health of my dog. I would’ve done whatever they suggested I do. I trusted these people.

When he finally did get neutered, he was also diagnosed with allergies. Which had previously been written off as something else which of course involved several tests each with an individual charge not covered by my wellness plan. It was suggested to me that we do an allergy test. A $250 allergy test for my 8 month old puppy. They knew I was willing to do whatever was needed and spend any amount to get my puppy well. I went ahead with the test. At this point I am estimating 2500-3000 dollars spent at this place. Not including my monthly fee for the wellness plan.

Why did I keep going back? Because I didn’t want to be wrong. I Iiked knowing my visit would be free. I kept hoping for that one check-up where my pup didn’t need the extra $200 worth of meds and tests they suggested. I didn’t want to feel like I was stupid for signing up for the wellness plan, but obviously I was. I didn’t know I should've researched every medicine and procedure prescribed by my vet before I allowed it. I shouldn’t have to do that, I should trust that the professionals are doing their job correctly.

At this point I was fed up and questioning a lot of things that had been done. I called a vet here in columbus that has a great reputation with bulldogs. They were shocked that an 8 month old dog was given an allergy test. According to the two vets and my vet tech friend, they all agreed was common knowledge that it’s useless for a dog to be tested for allergies before 1.5-2 years of age when their immune system is fully developed and they’ve gone through all 4 seasons of weather.

As you can see, I have been taken advantage of just because I wanted to do whatever was needed to get my puppy well. Of course I don’t have the knowledge of a vet, that’s why we go to them for help and advice. I trusted these people and believed that they were making the best decisions for my dog. Little did I know… pretty much everything that was done, was done for financial gain. My advice, do your research beforehand. A simple google search of ‘banfield pet hospital’ will tell you everything you need to know. They are a corporation, and they want your money.

this is awesome, "They are a corporation, and they want your money."

Me too. Plus I have a cat alarm that gets all up in my face if I don't get my ass outta bed and feed him. 

I wish my dog would do this. She's lazier than I am. I will literally snooze my multiple alarms until I'm laying in bed and late for work/ school/ whatever. I hope when I have kids that something clicks and I start waking up. It's actually embarassing how impossible it is for me to wake. It's going to be tough to be a teacher...

you guys i put an offer in on a house last night and now i'm dying sitting here at work waiting to hear back.

adulting is terrifying.

Yes. First off: congrats and good luck. Second: adulting is terrifying as fuck. We were racing to put in our offers and praying no one else did better than us. We got lucky. Secondly: get ready for a stressful few weeks. Hopefully your mortgage person is better than ours and you are using a general mortgage, but if not don't fret (I'll say this louder):

IT WILL ALL WORK ITSELF OUT. I SWEAR.

My alarm is set up to an app that each time I hit snooze, it donates .25¢ to whatever charity I have it set as. Also have 3 alarms set. The further away you set the alarm the more likely you are to keep hitting snooze.

The distance helps me as well. I set my alarm across the room so I have to get up and walk to it.

Yes. First off: congrats and good luck. Second: adulting is terrifying as fuck. We were racing to put in our offers and praying no one else did better than us. We got lucky. Secondly: get ready for a stressful few weeks. Hopefully your mortgage person is better than ours and you are using a general mortgage, but if not don't fret (I'll say this louder):

IT WILL ALL WORK ITSELF OUT. I SWEAR.

i'm using the same realtor as my sister and he's seriously the best. he wouldn't even show me a house i wanted to see because it had septic and well water and he said he didn't want that for me. i trust him completely, and i'm using the mortgage guy that he recommended, which is making this slightly less stressful for me. it's just a 30 year fixed through my credit union.

and thanks for the kind words!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic