thanks for the tips!  i admit i am searching a bit slowly to start off.  not rushing into not being able to spend my days with our little girl anymore.  buuut you make a valid point that by not looking every day i might be missing that gem...

The tips were all pretty spot on, I back them.  The last time I was looking for a job without having one, I would get up fairly early and just start looking on Craigslist for jobs and applying for anything.  When I got tired of that, I'd work on my resume.  It was usually a couple hours of job hunting in the morning and then a little bit more later on in the afternoon.

If you're really ambitious, you can aggregate Craigslist job listing sections into an RSS reader and just keep an eye on that.  It's a good way to be on top of new posts.

The tips were all pretty spot on, I back them. The last time I was looking for a job without having one, I would get up fairly early and just start looking on Craigslist for jobs and applying for anything. When I got tired of that, I'd work on my resume. It was usually a couple hours of job hunting in the morning and then a little bit more later on in the afternoon.

If you're really ambitious, you can aggregate Craigslist job listing sections into an RSS reader and just keep an eye on that. It's a good way to be on top of new posts.

Making the template cut down my applying time from 2 hours + down to one. It was awesome. So I could do the most important part of my day pretty quick and not hit that wall of "ugh I want to stop". I think I apply to about 5-10 a day depending on some things, and I've gotten 3 interviews in the last 10 days or so. Not too shabby. I'm not wasting my time with jobs outside my field though. I'm getting a lot for hits for what I'm qualified for. I'm only doing customer service though. Not even looking at IT. Haha.

This and any question involving "thinking outside the box" are the most generic, lazy interview questions.

He even preceded it with "I hate these type of interview questions, but" so at least he was cool about it. The only other one he asked me was what tool I needed to succeed. I said "a team" (then elaborated). He liked that. Apparently most people are basic and say a computer. Well, duh, you think they won't give you one? Idiots. Haha. "Well you didn't say you needed one so here is a slab of stone and a chisel. Good luck, fucker."

Making the template cut down my applying time from 2 hours + down to one. It was awesome. So I could do the most important part of my day pretty quick and not hit that wall of "ugh I want to stop". I think I apply to about 5-10 a day depending on some things, and I've gotten 3 interviews in the last 10 days or so. Not too shabby. I'm not wasting my time with jobs outside my field though. I'm getting a lot for hits for what I'm qualified for. I'm only doing customer service though. Not even looking at IT. Haha.

I used to have 2-3 resumes based on what I was looking for.  From there, I could tweak them further if necessary.  Similar idea.  Can definitely fire them off quickly that way.

Jeez, what machine are you operating?

Holy shit.

Ouch. Hope everything works out, dude.

Thanks y'all.  It's not a big deal, it's just the tip.  Anxious to get the meeting with the hand surgeon today.  Hopefully they can just strtch the skin around the tip.  Reverse circumsision.  Not enthused about them possibly having to shave the bone down.  When the first nurse dry heaved when I showed her the finger I knew it wasn't going to be as simple as a couple of stitches.

The machine is a custom made thing that collates and assembles paper the shrink wraps the sets.  I got my hand at the hot knife end.  Basically its just heated anvil cylinder that rotates in unison with a top score / knife.  Fun shit, fun shit

One of my girlfriends worked at a pizza place/deli and she sliced 2 pads of her fingers off. Like they came clean off and she picked them up and showed people. Still makes me shiver.

Good Morning Small Talk

I awoke 3 hrs ago to rain coming in my window.  There was a steady pour outside.  Nice strong storm.  My neighbor upstairs sometimes decides to leave their window open, which in turn causes rain to travel through the floor, and drip from the middle of my ceiling.  This has been like this for the entire time I've been here.  5 yrs.  This time, my neighbor's window was not open, which tells me it was the gutters being stuffed of shit, not clear of sticks/leaves.  

So, as I just said to my maintenance man,  the time has come for me to move on from here.  The owner of the building is well aware of the problem, and has been since I moved in, because it was here before me.  I will have a meeting set up w the owner soon.  If you can't perform a simple task of clearing a gutter, which in turn causes damage to apartments, let alone mine, then I don't believe I should have to pay any rent for a while; fuck it, for a whole year.  That shall be a fun meeting.  I have 13 vids saved on my hard drive, for this very reason.      

I am sorry folks.  Had to vent.  I don't want to go the BBB/lawyer route.  I don't have the time for it.   Just tired of the inactivity that has consistently happened w this issue

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic