https://flic.kr/p/vc3P2i

https://flic.kr/p/vc3Nqi

Couldn't figure out how to link on here, but theres a pic of a copy of my x-ray.  I should have taken a pic of the cut up fingers but didn"t want to look at it that much.  They cut off the nails on two fingers and cleaned up the shreaded skin and bone on the middle.  Then they cut some skin off the pad and and stretched it over the tip.  Numbed it all to hell so I still cant feel anything.

Yeah, it was the grossest of injuries.  I was helping others open a property gate.  The big ones that 2 to 3 cars could fit through at once.  They sit on tracks, for balance, and lining up correctly.  Those tracks have wheels that have big grooves in them for the frame of the gate.  I wasn't paying attn., and my hand was squashed.  Rolled up under one of those wheels.  I still have the indention on the top of my ring finger.  Took a good chunk out when it happened, let alone the canyon it created on my hand

That sounds like an ouch ouch ouch.

I have to write a best man speech by Saturday. SOMEONE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT SHOULD IT EVEN ENTAIL.

a few classy jokes from the past, that the two of you share.  What he means to you, that you're honored, etc.  

I was asked a few yrs ago, after partaking in many a wedding party, to write/speak.  Everyone said it was one of the best that they had ever heard, which surprised me.  I ended mine with a quote from the song 'Cellphones Dead' by Beck

Get a tow-truck

Cause it's after dark

And the dance floor's full

But everybody's double-parked

I always have three drinks in the airport (no more, no less) and read a book during takeoff. I don't look up, left, right or nowhere. Just read that fucking book until level. Helps me anyway.

I don't really read anymore since I'm cool with flying now but before I did it often for work that was my routine.

I always have three drinks in the airport (no more, no less) and read a book during takeoff. I don't look up, left, right or nowhere. Just read that fucking book until level. Helps me anyway.

That's about my drink regiment pre-flight as well.  I usually do a 22oz beer and a shot of whiskey.  If I have time, I'll drink another beer.  I usually read too and listen to music, makes the whole experience much better.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic