The Coathangers played a show last night at a record store here. A few songs into their set this girl that was right in front of me collapsed. The band quit playing and everyone rushed around her. She was pale, shaking, and not breathing. She started spitting up so the drummer rolled her over onto her side. The store owner cleared everyone out of the store to make room for the paramedics that were on the way. Someone started chest compressions while waiting for the ambulance. When the paramedics showed up they continued chest compressions for probably 20 minutes. I think they were using a defibrillator too. After about a half hour they loaded her up in the ambulance and there was no real sense of urgency with any of the paramedics. Things didn't look good.

It was really surreal to see something like that. I hope she's alright.

Sounds like you got to watch someone OD. Never a fun experience.

Sounds like she wasn't quite dead yet, so maybe they brought her back :)

My physics class is the opposite. Everything is out of stupidly big numbers. Like he tacked an extra 0 on the end of everything just to make the numbers annoying to deal with. No, a quiz shouldn't be out of 150, nor should my week's homework be out of 250. Make it 15 and 25 FFS. Bothers me more than it should

The difference between scoring in CoD4 and all the games after.

Sounds like you got to watch someone OD. Never a fun experience.

Sounds like she wasn't quite dead yet, so maybe they brought her back :)

That's what I was thinking too. I don't know too much about this subject but if they can stabilize her by pumping her stomach (I really don't have a clue what I'm talking about) then maybe it wouldn't be such a huge rush to the hospital ?

That's what I was thinking too. I don't know too much about this subject but if they can stabilize her by pumping her stomach (I really don't have a clue what I'm talking about) then maybe it wouldn't be such a huge rush to the hospital ?

Might have just needed a big shot of adrenaline, they keep those on hand in most ambulances I think.

Serious question time. I am going to ask for a raise next week, based on the fact that I'm taking a ton more calls than everyone else. The last 5 months I have been the only one to take over 1000 calls a month, and again this month I took 443 call more than the person who took the second most amount. What's the best way to ask and show them I'm serious, and that I will pursue other jobs if they don't give me the raise? They also pushed more duties on me recently, without a pay increase for them. I printed off the month stats for the past few months to show my call volume/1st call resolution/etc versus everyone else.

Serious question time. I am going to ask for a raise next week, based on the fact that I'm taking a ton more calls than everyone else. The last 5 months I have been the only one to take over 1000 calls a month, and again this month I took 443 call more than the person who took the second most amount. What's the best way to ask and show them I'm serious, and that I will pursue other jobs if they don't give me the raise? They also pushed more duties on me recently, without a pay increase for them. I printed off the month stats for the past few months to show my call volume/1st call resolution/etc versus everyone else.

best way is to show them the numbers. show your value. be confident in your ability to handle this and that you need to be compensated as such.

Also. I have an interview for a promotion in three hours! Any positive vibes appreciated.

Good luck Tess, you got this!

best way is to show them the numbers. show your value. be confident in your ability to handle this and that you need to be compensated as such.

Pretty much what I was thinking, just never asked for a raise before so was not sure what I should prepare to do. It's getting old being the lowest paid and doing way more work than anyone else. I'm worried they will say fuck off, since the job will be gone in a year or so and they seem to not really care anymore.

Damn dude, if you worked with me I would be pushing for your promotion into some sort of lead position. 

I'm not sure how your company works, but we only get raises at reviews and promotions, not so much on performance or additional job duties.  but do what Cholly said. Numbers speak volumes.

---

Tess,

GET IT, GURL.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic