It always takes me at least a week before I realize it's him. I always wonder how this new person knows everyone.... I think if I would figure it out quicker if I wasn't always in mobile view.

And his beaArthur name was my favorite !

Bea Arthur becomes Jason Voorhees is my Halloween costume idea this year.

There's a lot of "essentials" that I haven't explored very much. I downloaded a bunch of albums by Loop, Catherine Wheel, Pale Saints, Chapterhouse, Mazzy Star, and Lush.

Any others you suggest I check out?

That's a great list of essentials. I suppose you're already familiar with MBV, Slowdive and Ride? Next to those I'd highly recommend checking out Swervedriver's Ejector Seat Reservation (and last years I Wasn't Born To Lose You, which is not an essential of course, but it's awesome and sounds like it's 1992 all over again), Moose's ...XYZ and Cocteau Twins' Heaven or Las Vegas, which is their most shoegazy record.

For the lot of modern shoegaze check out the Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread, there's a lot of good stuff to find there.

That's a great list of essentials. I suppose you're already familiar with MBV, Slowdive and Ride? Next to those I'd highly recommend checking out Swervedriver's Ejector Seat Reservation (and last years I Wasn't Born To Lose You, which is not an essential of course, but it's awesome and sounds like it's 1992 all over again), Moose's ...XYZ and Cocteau Twins' Heaven or Las Vegas, which is their most shoegazy record.

For the lot of modern shoegaze check out the Shoegaze/Dream Pop Thread, there's a lot of good stuff to find there.

Yeah, I'm very familiar with Ride, MBV, and Slowdive. I've got a couple LPs by Swervedriver and Cocteau Twins, but not the ones you mentioned. I'll add them to the list tomorrow along with that Moose album.

I follow the Shoegaze/Dreampop thread but don't post much in there. I'm planning on starting that thread from the beginning again and checking out everything that's been posted. There's so much good stuff in there.

Thanks for the recommendations!

There's a lot of "essentials" that I haven't explored very much. I downloaded a bunch of albums by Loop, Catherine Wheel, Pale Saints, Chapterhouse, Mazzy Star, and Lush.

Any others you suggest I check out?

our spotify list would love these. I remember listening to mazzy star during my HS finals. I had test taking issues and they calmed me down.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic