Damn youngins were trying to tell me I can't roll an entire twenty sack in one go.... Don't tell me what I can't do, especially with your herb lol

Let's have drug story time with Bruce Willy:

One night while working at the video store a dude walked in with a K Mart bag. I was doing something behind the counter and my co-worker was on register. Dude hands him the bag, he hands him what turned out to be an empty DVD case with money in it. I'm like "Uhhhh...Jimmy...how much weed did you just buy? Also, if you don't give me a heads up next time I'm going to murder you." I was the supervisor and keyholder so it was just the two of us.

Turns out there were 3 ounces in the bag. I was pissed he didn't give me a heads up so to make things better he was like "Dude, let me into the office and I'll roll a $40 blunt" So I let him in, he spreads the weed out and takes out a scale. Weighs out 5 grams and starts to roll a blunt. It was like 1145pm and there were no customers so I was in there counting out a drawer when there's a knock on the door. I open it and there's a cop standing there. This exchange goes down:

"You being robbed?"

"...what?"

"Are you be I robbed?"

"Uhh...noooo?"

"Youre safe?"

"...yes"

"You sure?"

"Yeah"

"Ok, have a nice night"

The way the office was setup he couldn't see the desk but if he had taken two steps inside we both would have been arrested on the spot.

Then we smoked the blunt and somehow ended up at the McDonald's about 10 minutes away. We never figured out how we got there. We assume I drove because my car was there.

That's funny, I got my first job at PJ's from a high school friend who ended up getting arrested selling weed out of the store. Then ended up with a cool ass butch lesbian chick who was a part time coke dealer. Sample conversation....

Beth (in a gruff stoned voice): What are you doin....?

Me: Folding boxes, what does it look like I'm doing?

Beth: I got something to help you fold them boxes faster... (opens hand to reveal an 8 ball of powder)

Me: oooooook then....

Five minutes later there are lines on a clipboard balanced on a mailing tube a window sticker was sent in for the store... How the hell did we survive that shit? lol 

Not really relevant, like at all, but what did everyone feel about Tides of Man's latest (Young and Courageous)? I've been listening to it for awhile now and I really dig it. I never see it mentioned. I mean, their last record (Dreamhouse) was just a pretty fun, enjoyable post-hardcore record, but this new one's got some really powerful post-rock moments imo.

Not really relevant, like at all, but what did everyone feel about Tides of Man's latest (Young and Courageous)? I've been listening to it for awhile now and I really dig it. I never see it mentioned. I mean, their last record (Dreamhouse) was just a pretty fun, enjoyable post-hardcore record, but this new one's got some really powerful post-rock moments imo.

Loved it. Got to see them perform the whole album live last year. As someome who has seen them with Tilian in the Dreamhouse era, and as an instrumental band......I much prefer the instrumental Tides of Man. Plus, Tilian's a douchecock.

Loved it. Got to see them perform the whole album live last year. As someome who has seen them with Tilian in the Dreamhouse era, and as an instrumental band......I much prefer the instrumental Tides of Man. Plus, Tilian's a douchecock.

Never heard about Tilian's douchecockness!? But yeah, I'm really impressed with their instrumental stuff. I'll need to cop the vinyl one of these days.

Jon/John (not sure which is correct)

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/117166-fs-knuckle-puck-twiabp-ghost-mwy-coheed-pinback/

Guy has SSTB for offer

SSTB /500 serious offers only - AKA too much for that damn record.

Please, someone just repress that damn thing so I don't have to pay $60+ for a damn Coheed record. Fuck.

(Most people in this thread know I've been wanting that album forever and always get fucked over by assholes on here wanting way too much for it. Take it to the bays, kids.)

Please, someone just repress that damn thing so I don't have to pay $60+ for a damn Coheed record. Fuck.

(Most people in this thread know I've been wanting that album forever and always get fucked over by assholes on here wanting way too much for it. Take it to the bays, kids.)

Got mine for $80. John (just checked--it's spelled with an 'h'!) keeps telling me not to feel bad, but I totally still do.

Kiiiiind of interested. Defiance press doesn't have Iro-bot on it.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic