I think military. we live next to a big base and a lot of those guys buy up the houses here cheap and flip them then move.

Ah, makes sense.

oh I definitely didn't want to leave the groovetool on it. I've been using AT green carts for years (gone through a few), it seemed dumb to buy a ortofon red or anything if it was going to be half the cost of the table. I admit to being a vinyl cat lady more than an audiophile, I basically put in the bare minimum to not fuck up my records. Also until last summer worked in record stores, and we didn't get a discount on turntables. Your logic if different when you can buy new records for 20-50% off or used records for practically nothing and it was the saving grace cause it was like a paycheck and a half (paid weekly) for a pro-ject so it would be months of saving, and working in a record store is like being an alcoholic in a bar. You don't just say "I'm going to not buy records for a month" while you see all this amazing shit flowing in for ridiculously low prices. I mean it was easy to spend $30-50 a week on a stack of records, it was much harder to save that fun money towards the upgrade. But all will be forgiven soon haha

Yeah, I could not work in a record store. I'd be much more broke then I am now. You don't need to be an audiophile to have a good table, and you'll notice a huge difference once you get a proper set-up.

Edit: Just spent $100 of my amazon credit on records :/. My incoming list is around 30 now. At least 10-15 of them are from 2 orders.

Ah, makes sense.

Yeah, I could not work in a record store. I'd be much more broke then I am now. You don't need to be an audiophile to have a good table, and you'll notice a huge difference once you get a proper set-up.

the turntable is the weak link, my hk receiver is great and the Technics speakers are ok, could use an upgrade there eventually too. I'd love a pair of Advents or Klipsch or Boston Acoustic but the turntable is first. There is a place with used but their online inventory is outdated, but prices looked reasonable based on other stuff. If they have nothing a place that carries pro-ject is just down the street from there, and it looks like it's the same price as online, gotta pay sales tax but I can also make them balance it for me

Brian did you see the pictures of Foxing/IIOI on instagram? It's be amazing if they released some kinda split/collab thing. It said something about rerecording songs.

Also, hopefully new Turnover today, per their IG.

Edit: New Turnover 7" is up on RFC. Too man incoming records! Turnover is certainly an exception to my no 7" rule as well.

Got into an accident on Friday. Had to go into the insurance office today. They estimated the repairs at $1000. My girlfriend was like "I don't care about the cosmetic damage and I can replace the mirror and door handle myself. I've priced the parts at about $150"

The insurance lady was like "That's cool. It's pretty awesome you can do that yourself. Here's a check for $1000, that's yours. Do whatever you want with it."

That's the first time I have heard a good insurance story. 

It took me until 4AM but I finally got that stupid fucking Raspberry Pi working right, Waiting for a few more parts to come in this evening from Amazon and I'll build a case and take some pictures.

Morning everyone!

Been spending the morning going through old boxes in the house. Found original Jurassic Park dinosaurs, comic books, and Harry Potter Lego sets. Now I'm even more excited for my nephew to be born haha

That sounds like a great morning!

I'm off for Presidents Day, but it's snowing out.. perfect day to relax and watch movies in bed all day. Then hitting two shows later tonight (wakey!wakey! and then Chuck Ragan). Today is a good day!

Been spending the morning going through old boxes in the house. Found original Jurassic Park dinosaurs, comic books, and Harry Potter Lego sets. Now I'm even more excited for my nephew to be born haha

Those are some pretty exciting discoveries, especially considering how expensive Lego sets are.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic