Like what ya like.

I'm getting a second Black Flag tattoo, and a Minor Threat tattoo soon.

I love the fact we both have Black Flag tattoos! How did you pick yours by the way? I chose mine after reading a passage in Get in the Van about Rollins being at a show and Dez saying they were playing Clocked In for Hank because he had to go to work. Being that working class slave always made that song a top pick for me...

I love the fact we both have Black Flag tattoos! How did you pick yours by the way? I chose mine after reading a passage in Get in the Van about Rollins being at a show and Dez saying they were playing Clocked In for Hank because he had to go to work. Being that working class slave always made that song a top pick for me...

Rise Above was the first Black Flag song I ever heard, so I got a tattoo of that when I was 18. It is done horribly, right in the center of my upper chest. I kind of like it that way though. It's rough and unforgiving, just like the band. I'm going to get the classic bar logo done at some point. Simple. Maybe even another one some day. And that's awesome; great reference!

ogHtVs4.jpg

Unapologetic emo fanboy here. I like very few of the "newer" emo bands though. Most stuff that has come out in the last 10 or so years is garbage.

Same, on both accounts. Unless it's Evan Weiss, it's not very good usually. 90's emo forever.

I lost interest in The Saddest Landscape a few albums ago. I still need to listen to the new one though.

It's a lot better that After the Lights, but I really really liked You Will Not Survive. I had no idea they were back together and then all of a sudden they had a new full length and it ruled. Then a couple months later I got to see them with Pygmy Lush.

I really want to like TWIABP...I think lyrically they're fantastic, I just can't get down with that style at all. They're firmly in the "I Don't Like This But I Appreciate That They Exist" category for me.

Oh wait, I forgot we were on the internet. What I meant to say was I HOPE YOU FALL IN A HOLE YOU LIVERSPOTTED PENGUIN FEEDER

I think a lot of the reason I love them so much is I saw them a metric shit ton of times when they were starting out. Basement shows are very endearing.

I was thiiiiis close to pulling the trigger on a drum kit today (Riley from Thrice was selling one of his), but they sold before I could go through with it. Wasn't in the market for drums, but these would've been too good not to get. Anyway, now my wife said to use that money for new audio equipment. Woohoo!

Yup! He played with/did art for a bunch of bands my buddies were in. He's been in a decent number of bands actually. Most of them are pretty alright.

I'll check them out. He is probably my favorite artist, have too many of his prints (not that that's a bad thing).

I'll check them out. He is probably my favorite artist, have too many of his prints (not that that's a bad thing).

He did the cover for A City Safe From Sea's album, but it's not the style he's been doing lately, it's more what he was doing me when he was back in Rochester. That album really rules though.

He did the cover for A City Safe From Sea's album, but it's not the style he's been doing lately, it's more what he was doing me when he was back in Rochester. That album really rules though.

The album is only $2 + shipping from the label, so I'll grab it. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic