Tacomatose is good.... I've been on a 90's hardcore binge lately and been playing the hell out of Screamin' with the Deadguy Quintet & She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not.... Nice to forget how awesome an album is so you get to rediscover it later on...Funny now how I'm thinking "man these are heavy albums" when in fact I was searching for heavier and heavier sounds then and moved on from them in lieu of Black/Death Metal

Deadguy and Kiss It Goodbye were great. I feel spoiled having seen them so many times.

Also Bloodlet might be the heaviest (in atmosphere) band. Disembodied is also a contender.

Deadguy and Kiss It Goodbye were great. I feel spoiled having seen them so many times.

Also Bloodlet might be the heaviest (in atmosphere) band. Disembodied is also a contender.

No matter how many years pass by, the song Entheogen STILL makes me want to pick up change and barrell through a crowd and break shit lol

Edit: ALSO, singer from Bloodlet was doing the beard thing looooooong before it was cool! lol

quick real talk. whats everyone do for cable? ive had time warner cable FOR EVER and my bill has no stopped been creeping up. I pay around $220 a month for cable, now granted, I have 2 boxes, internet, all channels, but still seem a lot, and im tired of it. so there has to be a cheaper way...

No cable is my alternative to that :P.

I never watched TV anyway, so is fine for me, but I doubt it would be for you (with kids and sports). Maybe go basic channels, and cut down to one box? 

quick real talk. whats everyone do for cable? ive had time warner cable FOR EVER and my bill has no stopped been creeping up. I pay around $220 a month for cable, now granted, I have 2 boxes, internet, all channels, but still seem a lot, and im tired of it. so there has to be a cheaper way...

Through my experience with TW, if you want to stay with them but want your bill lowered, show up at your local office with all your equipment and tell them its too high a bill and that you want to cancel all services and they will quickly find MAGICAL discounts and ways to bring your bill down.... lol

No matter how many years pass by, the song Entheogen STILL makes me want to pick up change and barrell through a crowd and break shit lol

Edit: ALSO, singer from Bloodlet was doing the beard thing looooooong before it was cool! lol

Yes that's true.

I love everything Bloodlet. I was so psyched to see them with Charlie again a couple years ago.

So amazing.

Record nerd time. I have all the test presses for all the Bloodlet LPs.

I have not had cable in 8 years. Don't watch TV

Yes that's true.

I love everything Bloodlet. I was so psyched to see them with Charlie again a couple years ago.

So amazing.

Record nerd time. I have all the test presses for all the Bloodlet LPs.

Jealous face :/

Just use Kodi instead. Doesn't that stream TV free?

Had our maintenance man trying to tell me about that app the other day as well, but I have the TWC app on my phone I use to watch tv through my mother's account. He said it streams movies that are fairly new though, still not sure how that works

Jealous face :/

Had our maintenance man trying to tell me about that app the other day as well, but I have the TWC app on my phone I use to watch tv through my mother's account. He said it streams movies that are fairly new though, still not sure how

that works

I'm not sure either but I just know it's a thing. I use Kodi as a front-end to play mostly anime off an external HDD

I'm not sure either but I just know it's a thing. I use Kodi as a front-end to play mostly anime off an external HDD

I'll have to fuck around with it now that I finally have a phone that will not have a cardiac stand still while I'm trying to do the simplest task on it lol. So nice to be at least one away from the most current Android finally, being poor is a fucker lol

we do watch a lot of TV unfortunately. I was thinking about cutting out all the HBO/Showtine/starz etc but there are still specific shows to watch like games of thrones and my boxing. but I was thinking about looking into HBO Go I think it is so we could still watch them. thinking about doing the Hulu/Netflix/Amazon memberships instead of cable...

edit: also DirectTV seems cheaper too...

double edit: I usually call TW every couple of month and complain and they usually drop 20 to 30 bucks for a few months, but then raise their service so its like the discount never happened

we do watch a lot of TV unfortunately. I was thinking about cutting out all the HBO/Showtine/starz etc but there are still specific shows to watch like games of thrones and my boxing. but I was thinking about looking into HBO Go I think it is so we could still watch them. thinking about doing the Hulu/Netflix/Amazon memberships instead of cable...

edit: also DirectTV seems cheaper too...

double edit: I usually call TW every couple of month and complain and they usually drop 20 to 30 bucks for a few months, but then raise their service so its like the discount never happened

Of the few options in my area, I'm fairly certain Charter is the cheapest. While I always found it unreasonably expensive - $100 for basic cable on one box and internet - maybe it'd be cheaper than TW.

Not sure if this is a national chain, however. I engineered their systems and only recall working in NE, MN, IL, WI, and MI.

However, HBO Now is pretty nice! While shows aren't broadcast live, they're up within 24 hours.

I have Direct TV. Gotta have cable in my house because we are TV junkies and watch a lot of baseball and basketball. Typically you can call customer service with the intent of cancelling, keep asking for retention and be cool about it. They will typically lower your bill in order to keep you as a customer. I have to do that a couple times every year. Was recently able to get my bill from $214 down to $144, and I have the MLB package and all the HBO/Showtime channels.

Also just consider changing providers. There are always some good promotional incentives going on for switching providers. Would be worth looking into. If you decide to get Direct TV, let me know and I can get you an additional $10 off each Month for being referred.

Your eyes are scaring me.

It's called astigmatism, Gahhh..Rude! lol 

Also, had my next Black Flag tattoo idea come to me like a lightning bolt out of the blue this morning while listening to The First Four Years comp!

Edit: I hadn't considered how much it looks like I'm tripping balls with the amount of dilation of those pupils haha

TWC has the triple package which i 'renew' each year. theres no contract but you can haggle with them pretty good. takes me about an hour every few months but i squeeze discounts regularly.

phone, 200mbps internet, and two dvr HD cable boxes with all channels for $180 with tax.

satellites are worthless with the storms all the time here and google fiber is actually still suckage here. thats my only options

TWC has a great app that makes any device at TV too, which is nice...

I watch a lot of TV, but don't have a TV subscription.

I grab everything through UseNet, it's nice because shows typically post (In HD) within 15-20 of airing. And there are programs that you can set to automatically download all new episodes of a series.

I think I pay $10 a month for the Usenet service, $10 a year for one of my newssource sites and then around $200 in building my media center.

The only thing that it can't do it stream live sports, but there are plenty of sites out there that you can watch on.

Damn post-rock being expensive. Just grabbed Caspian Tertia and You Are The Conductor, and Kokomo S/T and If Wolves. There went a quick $110. 

It's called astigmatism, Gahhh..Rude! lol

Also, had my next Black Flag tattoo idea come to me like a lightning bolt out of the blue this morning while listening to The First Four Years comp!

Edit: I hadn't considered how much it looks like I'm tripping balls with the amount of dilation of those pupils haha

Do tell! Do tell! I've been trying to brain storm some original Black Flag tattoos in a traditional style. A merge of some sort. A reference to one of their songs with the bar logo, but I have to much shit going on to sit down and think. I think I'll do it when I move. But I am getting a matching burning church tattoo with my friend in a couple months. And I need to get a Caspian tattoo since I finally finished my collection.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic