21 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

There are 1,000. I'm sure it'll be easy to grab. I think my show is at the end of June.

Also, I hit the 500 record mark. So I'm pretty stoked on that.

Yeah, I don't think it'll be too bad to get one.

I'm right around the 1,200 record mark and really need to thin it down. I might put up another sale thread on Reddit in the next couple days. 

I'm only around 300. I'd be around 1,000 if I hadn't spent my early-mid 20s smoking an obscene amount of weed, doing all the drugs, and being an all around burn out. I had fun but the highs wore off and the records would still be here.

What I'm saying is: Doms, do a reasonable amount of drugs.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

Just now, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Where should the DAC fall in order of upgrading my setup? I currently don't have one and just run my audio from computer sound card to receiver.

Ah gotcha. Well, DAC is definitely helpful. I only use when I use headphones actually. I would save for some nice speakers and you probably won't need the DAC. I don't with my Def Techs. I use a DAC with headphones on my comp, and my portable set up. I don't want to have two DACs, since everything is ran through my amp. Hope that makes sense. But yeah, speakers for sure. You'll use speakers to listen more than headphones anyway.

Just now, Dave Grohl said:

Ah gotcha. Well, DAC is definitely helpful. I only use when I use headphones actually. I would save for some nice speakers and you probably won't need the DAC. I don't with my Def Techs. I use a DAC with headphones on my comp, and my portable set up. I don't want to have two DACs, since everything is ran through my amp. Hope that makes sense. But yeah, speakers for sure. You'll use speakers to listen more than headphones anyway.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm eyeing some Polk TSx 440Ts right now actually 

3 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Cool, thanks for the info. I'm eyeing some Polk TSx 440Ts right now actually 

Polk have gone downhill in the last few years honestly. If you spend just a little more you can get the SM45s: http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Technology-SM45-Bookshelf-Speaker/dp/B005XXMMG4/ref=sr_1_9?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1463371544&sr=1-9&keywords=def+tech+speakers

The quality on these will make you so happy. Handles anything you will throw at it.

8 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

What's been up nic

5 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Happy bday Eliminiator. 

And whats up Nic?? I wear that shirt you sent me all the damn time dude. I love it. 

Been busy hanging with one of my sisters a bunch since she's leaving for Missouri tomorrow. That and a bunch of baseball games, Disneyland, and kid stuff. I'm tired, but happy!

I'm glad you like that shirt! I was just hanging with Chaz Friday night and he told me he'll be up in Portland next month sometime.

1 hour ago, Youinreverse said:

Yeah, I don't think it'll be too bad to get one.

I'm right around the 1,200 record mark and really need to thin it down. I might put up another sale thread on Reddit in the next couple days. 

eyy bby wat u got <3

1 hour ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I'm only around 300. I'd be around 1,000 if I hadn't spent my early-mid 20s smoking an obscene amount of weed, doing all the drugs, and being an all around burn out. I had fun but the highs wore off and the records would still be here.

What I'm saying is: Doms, do a reasonable amount of drugs.

THINK OF ALL THE MONEY I COULD SPEND ON RECORDS INSTEAD OF DRUGS THO

1 hour ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

Just for the record (hehe) it's been 90% my own money. I'm just 16 and my income is 100% disposable. Have to slow down now, putting money towards a car. 

Just wait till you have bills. Your collection will thin out. Still blows my mind you even have any records. I didn't have a dollar to my name till I was 18. 

Edited by Dave Grohl

4 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Maybe I should just sell the 3 that I'm sending you then...

;)

Haha. That was a lot of my early years spent in charity shops I have to thank! They're not all great titles and the collection expanded a lot of the last few years (which I'm pleased about since my mortgage increased and I commute to London!). I always think it's about the only thing  I tend to spend a fair amount on and I do love it so. 

Please dont...the only way I keep the missus sweet is these odd titles she likes!

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic