30 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

yea, it sucks. They should reached out to you and gave ya a heads up. But they should take care of you. Sorry dude, assholes and fraud is bullshit

Well, it's taken care of now I guess. Hopefully it does not take the full 5-7 business days to get the new card. I hate going to the bank to get money out, since the branch by my house has an annoying metal detector you sit in for a few minutes.

Good morning, Small Talkers.

I cut out my addiction to Arizona green tea, and am 22 days of no soda/caffeine.

Water is still boring to me, so I purchased a infuser pitcher and a Magic Bullet blender...

Would like some good suggestions for the infuser to up my water intake and for some delicious (and healthier) smoothies.

Edited by Snaggle Von Swift

Sorry, I've had my card compromised 3 times now and I still dunno how. Academy Bank sucked about it and I was out the money for days before I was reimbursed. Chase shut down the charge right away before it even went through and called me and gave me a temp card until the new one came in the mail it was barely even a hassle , which is why I've stayed with them.

11 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Well, it's taken care of now I guess. Hopefully it does not take the full 5-7 business days to get the new card. I hate going to the bank to get money out, since the branch by my house has an annoying metal detector you sit in for a few minutes.

no temp card!?

Big moving day today it's going to be stressful, this was a cool house but i'm ready for the next adventure. Just moving down the street and forming a plan for the next couple months on where the family is relocating, I don't have anything keeping me here so I see no reason not to follow.

1 minute ago, NapalmBrain said:

Sorry, I've had my card compromised 3 times now and I still dunno how. Academy Bank sucked about it and I was out the money for days before I was reimbursed. Chase shut down the charge right away before it even went through and called me and gave me a temp card until the new one came in the mail it was barely even a hassle , which is why I've stayed with them.

Thankfully they shut down the charge before it even happened, since it was for $65 or something. I just took out $50, so they should be plenty until Saturday.

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Thankfully they shut down the charge before it even happened, since it was for $65 or something. I just took out $50, so they should be plenty until Saturday.

that's lucky mine was like $200 when they didn't stop the charge, I struggled the whole week I remember waiting to be reimbursed

that's lucky mine was like $200 when they didn't stop the charge, I struggled the whole week I remember waiting to be reimbursed

Shitty. Some banks are bad.

Good luck with the move. I hate moving so much, it's so annoying. If I didn't hate it here, I'd probably never move again (unless forced).

Good luck with the move. I hate moving so much, it's so annoying. If I didn't hate it here, I'd probably never move again (unless forced).

1 minute ago, Thomas³ said:

Thanks it's been an ongoing thing for the last month, but it's the last big push. I'm going to do my record collection/stereo myself so I can't blame anyone but myself if anything goes wrong. When we change states I'm going to be stressed dealing with the cat, but I can handle a few min in the car today

Thanks it's been an ongoing thing for the last month, but it's the last big push. I'm going to do my record collection/stereo myself so I can't blame anyone but myself if anything goes wrong. When we change states I'm going to be stressed dealing with the cat, but I can handle a few min in the car today

When my friend took his 2 cats out of state, he got some pills that knocked them out for pretty much the entire day. Well, one cat was only out for a bit, but he held her the entire drive and she was fine.

22 minutes ago, NapalmBrain said:

Big moving day today it's going to be stressful, this was a cool house but i'm ready for the next adventure. Just moving down the street and forming a plan for the next couple months on where the family is relocating, I don't have anything keeping me here so I see no reason not to follow.

Moving truly is one of the biggest traumas in life, and the older you get the worse it seems. The ideal of a new surrounding is wonderful to me, but then again it's always like "here we go again with getting all this stuff moved and set up AGAIN". This probably explains my unhealthy habit of staying in bad relationships longer than I should because I hate the trouble of gathering and relocating. When I was 20, I drove a truck, and I was everyone's best friend come time to move, so I think that really tightened the screws on how much I hate moving as well lol

1 minute ago, THE_James_Champ said:

You don't have to use an ATM to get skimmed. Online/Gas pumps/etc, it happens all over now. 

1 minute ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Well then, back to puttin' money in the mattress...

I don't have a car so I don't get gas. Haha. And your card really can't be 'skimmed' online, but rather have the information stolen, but if you shop from a secure site (https) you should be fine. In four years (the time I've had this bank) I've never had a problem. Just apply common sense and you should be fine. I never use an ATM cause cash is disgusting. Haha. Simple is the best.

12 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

I don't have a car so I don't get gas. Haha. And your card really can't be 'skimmed' online, but rather have the information stolen, but if you shop from a secure site (https) you should be fine. In four years (the time I've had this bank) I've never had a problem. Just apply common sense and you should be fine. I never use an ATM cause cash is disgusting. Haha. Simple is the best.

This is the first time it's ever happened to me in the 12 years I've had the account. I honestly have no clue where it happened, but I'm guessing it was skimmed at a gas station or something. I never use it online, never use the ATM (with you on cash being nasty Matt), and never use it as debit for my pin to get out.

Edit: Stress of the situation has my anxiety on edge for some reason. I feel really close to a panic attack right now. Stupid brain.

Edited by Thomas³

57 minutes ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Good morning, Small Talkers.

I cut out my addiction to Arizona green tea, and am 22 days of no soda/caffeine.

Water is still boring to me, so I purchased a infuser pitcher and a Magic Bullet blender...

Would like some good suggestions for the infuser to up my water intake and for some delicious (and healthier) smsmoothies

My go to infused water ingredients: lemon, lime, cilantro, basil, ginger, cucumber and celery. Not all in one, but different combos of those things. I've also used berries and different melons and stuff.

My go to smoothie is peanut butter and banana, but I love a good green smoothie. I used to juice carrots, lemon, ginger, and celery and then blend it up with spinach and kale. The lemon and ginger really help mask the bitterness of the kale.

13 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

This is the first time it's ever happened to me in the 12 years I've had the account. I honestly have no clue where it happened, but I'm guessing it was skimmed at a gas station or something. I never use it online, never use the ATM (with you on cash being nasty Matt), and never use it as debit for my pin to get out.

Yeah, I'm betting a gas station is the only place I can see that happening for you. I'm surprised people can get away with skimming a gas pump unit. That's so crazy; the assholes.

13 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

Yeah, I'm betting a gas station is the only place I can see that happening for you. I'm surprised people can get away with skimming a gas pump unit. That's so crazy; the assholes.

I imagine it's the easiest place to do it. No one really checks pumps, and you can sit in a parking lot close by and grab the transmitted data without raising any suspicion.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic