2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That delivery service sounds amazing.

My nearest convenience store is exactly one cigarette away from my apartment, so that's not too bad. Not having to walk or drive anywhere sounds like the dream though.

Mine is way too close to justify using Go Puff. But I do it anyway. I think I justify it with the free donut.

15 minutes ago, abovetheearth said:

best of luck duder! always good to know you took that risk than never at all. 

Thanks! That's the way I felt about it too. It was pretty much a no lose situation. If I get the raise, I take the job, if not, stay where I am!

11 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That delivery service sounds amazing.

My nearest convenience store is exactly one cigarette away from my apartment, so that's not too bad. Not having to walk or drive anywhere sounds like the dream though.

What's one cigarette? A couple of inches long? That's really fucking close, how'd they clear the zoning on that with the city?

<3

My promotion has been going really well. Sales are up significantly in my department, but more importantly morale has improved. I only give a damn about the sales numbers and shit because I care about making the department not a shitty place to work. If my employees don't hate being here, everything is going to improve.

It's definitely dope as fuck that I barely have to serve customers anymore. All the extra responsibility and stress is worth it 100x over.

It also warms my heart that I overheard someone tell a new hire "Dont worry, all the other departments are lame, but it's punk as fuck back here." Like, I'm sure my employees make fun of me behind me back. What kind of job is it that you can't make fun of the guy in charge? But I can tell they respect me because shit gets done when I'm not around. I can put up with some unflattering impressions of me behind my back. I'm not unreasonable and I'm not a prick, so I know none of them hate me. I mean, I'm definitely kind of a prick...just not in that "My boss is such an asshole..." way

10 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

My promotion has been going really well. Sales are up significantly in my department, but more importantly morale has improved. I only give a damn about the sales numbers and shit because I care about making the department not a shitty place to work. If my employees don't hate being here, everything is going to improve.

It's definitely dope as fuck that I barely have to serve customers anymore. All the extra responsibility and stress is worth it 100x over.

It also warms my heart that I overheard someone tell a new hire "Dont worry, all the other departments are lame, but it's punk as fuck back here." Like, I'm sure my employees make fun of me behind me back. What kind of job is it that you can't make fun of the guy in charge? But I can tell they respect me because shit gets done when I'm not around. I can put up with some unflattering impressions of me behind my back. I'm not unreasonable and I'm not a prick, so I know none of them hate me. I mean, I'm definitely kind of a prick...just not in that "My boss is such an asshole..." way

2 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

This. This is good. I'm pretty sure my peoples feel the same about me

Meanwhile, I went to have a slice of pizza where I used to work last night to find out my boss has exactly three employees left, one of which is full time. Apparently a couple people quit when he dropped a platter of wings going out to a table and he tried to pick them up off his nasty ass floors and send them out to a table still. Someone grabbed them out of his hand and threw them out. He tried to charge her for throwing out food. She was there three years, and another long time employee walked out with her. Another one of the staff members said he has another job lined up that pays significantly better starting in a week or two . He's been taking shit for too long because he has had trouble finding another place to work and has been dicked around way too long so he said he just plans on not showing up one day. This boss is a fucking asshole.

5 minutes ago, Holo said:

Meanwhile, I went to have a slice of pizza where I used to work last night to find out my boss has exactly three employees left, one of which is full time. Apparently a couple people quit when he dropped a platter of wings going out to a table and he tried to pick them up off his nasty ass floors and send them out to a table still. Someone grabbed them out of his hand and threw them out. He tried to charge her for throwing out food. She was there three years, and another long time employee walked out with her. Another one of the staff members said he has another job lined up that pays significantly better starting in a week or two . He's been taking shit for too long because he has had trouble finding another place to work and has been dicked around way too long so he said he just plans on not showing up one day. This boss is a fucking asshole.

Yup, sounds like a pizza place or really any small food place. Let me guess, the boss is the owner? If not, closely related to the owner?

46 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yup, sounds like a pizza place or really any small food place. Let me guess, the boss is the owner? If not, closely related to the owner?

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. He has owned it for years. Real question though is who the hell at the health department he is blowing to never get written up for some of the insane shit that is just always there. Like rotten chicken on the salad station for weeks at a time.

5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

LOL at all the n00bs that have been plaguing the boards as of late.

(I hope all my lovely "veteran" VCers are doing well and OK and awesome)

FYI, I just tried to upvote this and got a error message that said "you are not allowed to upvote this user" WTF

8 minutes ago, futures said:

New posts within a short time frame are limited. Please wait 2 seconds before submitting.

this is annoying. can we not make posts within 60 sec of eachother? thats some late 90s message board bs

two seconds is too long to wait between shitposting. #makevcgreatagain2016

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic