42 minutes ago, Holo said:

You'd better fuck someone up during Dillinger for me

Im too old...I have to reserve punishment for when im/my girls are being harmed...then it will take about 3 months to recharge the body.

24 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

Oh that reminds me, I forgot to let the good folks of Small Talk know that I dug Cult Leader's set...Rez didn't though.

disappointing REZ

19 minutes ago, Holo said:

They sounded shitty, as do a lot of bands like that. Any time you start downtuning it is hard to deal with. The growly vocals, bass drum kicking reaaaally fast, bass, and downtuned guitar all sit in the same range. Makes it muddled. Maybe it's better studio recorded, but I thought it was an underwhelming muddled mess. '

to be fair, the Marquee isn't the world's best sounding room. I also just don't tend to like metal that downtunes really low (with exceptions of course) for the reasons outlined above. 

I get what youre saying, that's why I think you should listen to proper recordings to make a judgment.

9 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Gaza/Cult Leader fucking rule

100%

Been meaning to give them a proper listen but I have been meaning to give many things a proper listen. My next couple weeks are a total clusterfuck though so no clue how much new stuff I'll be able to check out 

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yeah, it took me a solid 3 days and 2 Epsom salt/bubble baths to recover from ETID/Old Wounds. Getting old is dope.

Didn't dig old wounds either ;/

2 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Morning or afternoon all. My time zones are fucked now because I landed in Denver and am all discombobulated. Traveling folks, how long will this last?

The hour time difference through me off for about a day, or 3 might be a full day or two. Coming back is worse.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

The hour time difference through me off for about a day, or 3 might be a full day or two. Coming back is worse.

I can imagine the return will be a nightmare for at least a few days. The time change last weekend has me screwed up bad enough already. 

8 minutes ago, Youinreverse said:

There's just something magical about seeing an entire room screaming along to No Children. John is such an amazing songwriter/storyteller too. Absolutely fantastic.

The devoted fans (most of us) sung along to the deeper cuts, everybody sang the hits as loud as possible, and I swear I shared a moment with this one dude during "Southwestern Territory". It was enchanting throughout. 

Also, during "No Children", John reached out into the crowd and I was less than an inch from touching his hand...I'll never forgive myself for not having moved fast enough.

Here was the setlist, shamelessly copied from tMG wiki

Edited by DOMAN127

9 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Fuck. Just went to Walmart and got lucky to score one of those Nintendo classics...it's a great thing work is closed tomorrow because I ain't getting no sleep...

That thing looks pretty awesome, if only for the hdmi adaptability.

Speaking of NES/SNES, to this day I still haven't even gotten close to beating any of the 3 Star Wars games I have for it. I don't understand who they designed those games for D:

After two and a half months of unemployment, I've finally been recognized for what few talents I have and got a damn job. It certainly feels good to not have to worry whether I'll be able to afford paying my bills and keep buying food.

Also that means I'll start hanging out here more, since I'll have a bit of spare spending money for records again, which is lovely. (And I'll probably be hanging out in the UO exclusives thread too, since that's where I got a job.)

1 hour ago, chkadea said:

That thing looks pretty awesome, if only for the hdmi adaptability.

Speaking of NES/SNES, to this day I still haven't even gotten close to beating any of the 3 Star Wars games I have for it. I don't understand who they designed those games for D:

Remind me when I have some time over Christmas break or something and I will make you something even cooler that does more with a Raspberry Pi for about $50.

1 hour ago, Thomas³ said:

Rez, Guilt Show represses are up.

http://kingsroadmerch.com/vagrant/

Thanks a lot for the heads up <3

3 hours ago, Holo said:

Anyone upgrading to the new PS4 consoles and want to offload their old one? If not I may take some other stuff to Gamestop to trade and snag this. Waiting for Black Friday though if I do that

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/consoles/playstation-4-slim-uncharted-4-500gb-bundle/134658

That reminds me that with the next game I get (Last Guardian) I'm going to have to upgrade my HDD. Not looking to spend the money on that. Sigh. Also, I am a HUGE fan of the Uncharted series, but if you want replay value, grab Dark Souls 3 as soon as you can (even though that's a bundle at a great price). Uncharted 4 is so, so good, but in my opinion only good for a play through or two. I'm 300 hours into DS3. I get them on the same day (for free thankfully). I was blown away by U4, but when I put DS3, god damn, I haven't stopped playing. I even got Witcher 3 and it just made me want to play DS3 again. Haha.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic