adulting is hard. but after a bit it gets natural. theres a lot of pressure/stress im sure thats attributing to my body acting like im 80.

for a bit i had to worry about providing for the fam, take care of everything after her surgeries and other shit.

redoing our house and shit has been ongoing for a long time and im to the point where i just want to rent. i think the ol lady is in the same boat.

in 5-6 years ill own the house outright. i cant even wait that long. when i get sick of shit, im out.

this post brought to you by the word shit.

adulting is hard. but after a bit it gets natural. theres a lot of pressure/stress im sure thats attributing to my body acting like im 80.

for a bit i had to worry about providing for the fam, take care of everything after her surgeries and other shit.

redoing our house and shit has been ongoing for a long time and im to the point where i just want to rent. i think the ol lady is in the same boat.

in 5-6 years ill own the house outright. i cant even wait that long. when i get sick of shit, im out.

this post brought to you by the word shit.

Shit.

You're my hero.

I will probably never touch them again. Happy to give them to another home for learnin's. Offer is still on the table.

Check out Smashing Books and A Book Apart.

I can't speak for any of them but I see them talked about everywhere.

Thanks. I might have to take you up on that offer then.

You want something that is going to give you decent theory base, so when you do start on the practice side you'll have a little more focus from that primer. Ideally, you can avoid a lot of rookie mistakes and kind of hop up a few levels. Looking at the Salt Lake City public library system I might suggest these:

http://catalog.slcpl.org/search/title.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.6&pos=2

http://catalog.slcpl.org/search/title.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.6&pos=29

http://catalog.slcpl.org/search/title.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.6&pos=17

http://catalog.slcpl.org/search/title.aspx?ctx=1.1033.0.0.6&pos=11

Not all of them obviously, pick your favorite when you are there. I've never read any of them, I got my theory stuff in the classroom so I don't have a strong recommendation. Anything that covers the basics would be great. 

Any chance you remember the titles of any of the books you looked up? The links aren't working.

Just got my first new pair of glasses in probably 5 years. I truly love this more than contacts.

Is there any feeling better than having your perfect sight back? Honestly... I drive my wife nuts with the "how far away I can read stuff in Walmart" game..I enjoy it a bit too much possibly

Is there any feeling better than having your perfect sight back? Honestly... I drive my wife nuts with the "how far away I can read stuff in Walmart" game..I enjoy it a bit too much possibly

Oh man its like the best feeling. I love how you say that cause this whole time ive been testing my distance haha

Thanks. I might have to take you up on that offer then.

Any chance you remember the titles of any of the books you looked up? The links aren't working.

Uh

Know Your Onions.

Typographic Essentials

Designing Type

Type Rules. Designers Guide to Type.

I think that is right. Last one might be a bit fudged. Just go in and find where the typography books are and get one about layout not the history of fonts and you'll be fine.

If you want to read about type history read about the sexual deviant and renowned typographer Eric Gill. Dude was a fucking wacko.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic