My job has been pretty understanding. Luckily my boss is one of my best friends so all is good there.

Here's what's going down...

I was on the phone with American Airlines for over 2 hours while I was getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist ha. It literally boiled down to multiple times being told there was nothing they could do to help me besides flying me out this Thursday. I have to get back to work tomorrow. My ex girlfriend flys into Portland tomorrow at midnight to visit me for New Years and I have to pick her up. So much stress was happening. They were trying to get me to drive a quick 7 hours to little rock Arkansas to fly me out tomorrow. I was like uhh no..so finally what has happened is that a flight from Baton Rouge (about an hour away) to Dallas is still flying today. And my flight from Dallas to Portland has not been canceled. Just my flight from New Orleans to Dallas was canceled. So currently I'm in my buddies car high tailing it to Baton Rouge so I can make a flight that leaves at 4:30 and arrive in Dallas at 6:25. Then my Dallas flight leaves at 7:05 to get to Portland. Fingers crossed the Dallas to PDX flight stays and doesn't get canceled or else I'm stuck in Dallas until further notice. It's a gamble but I'm fucking going for it. Wish me luck guys!

Good luck!  Things will turn around!

Can't believe he was only diagnosed two days ago with the cancer, when he's been in/out of the hospital the past couple of years.

Truly bummed to hear about Lemmy :(

From what I understand, it was really aggressive and was found in the very late stages.  I'm sure he'd been aching for decades, so he was used to his body falling apart - just not that it was that serious.

From what I understand, it was really aggressive and was found in the very late stages. I'm sure he'd been aching for decades, so he was used to his body falling apart - just not that it was that serious.

Yeah, if you're not necessarily looking for it, it can hide itself well. He was doing incredible, considering.

Raising a glass or two of whiskey tonight

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic