Morning, y'all. Woke up late today because work got cancelled, now I'm spinning Will Haven's "Carpe Diem" and waiting for my girlfriend to get dressed so we can go out to lunch. Gonna walk four blocks in snow on  streets that have barely been plowed just to get diner food :D

Also this Will Haven record is SOOO underrated. I never see anyone talking about this band, ever, but holy fuck did they have riffs.

Morning, y'all. Woke up late today because work got cancelled, now I'm spinning Will Haven's "Carpe Diem" and waiting for my girlfriend to get dressed so we can go out to lunch. Gonna walk four blocks in snow on streets that have barely been plowed just to get diner food :D

Also this Will Haven record is SOOO underrated. I never see anyone talking about this band, ever, but holy fuck did they have riffs.

I hate you. I want to live 4 blocks from a diner :(

There actually isn't a decent diner in this entire city. It's really weird. Poughkeepsie was a fucking shithole but there were hella diners. Here there's one OK Greek diner, but it's overpriced and closes at like 11pm. The only 24 hour place is fucking Denny's.

Morning, y'all. Woke up late today because work got cancelled, now I'm spinning Will Haven's "Carpe Diem" and waiting for my girlfriend to get dressed so we can go out to lunch. Gonna walk four blocks in snow on streets that have barely been plowed just to get diner food :D

I really like El Diablo.

There actually isn't a decent diner in this entire city. It's really weird. Poughkeepsie was a fucking shithole but there were hella diners. Here there's one OK Greek diner, but it's overpriced and closes at like 11pm. The only 24 hour place is fucking Denny's.

I'll be a dick and make it worse...this is where we're going:

o.jpg

RedArrowDiner.jpg

red-arrow-004.jpg

The seats all have little plaques marking where various celebrities/politicians/etc. have sat whenever they've come through. Some pretty cool names. Also, Adam Sandler grew up in this town. I live next door to where he went to high school.

As shitty as this town is, there are a ton of late night food options and awesome 24 hour diners. The best one is on the east end of town, so it's a drive at night, but it's awesome.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-lamp-post-akron

Ugh that diner looks dope af

The Adam Sandler thing softens the blow a bit. I hate that guy.

Oh, he sucks big time. I have a soft spot for the Happy Madison movies from the 90's, but he's a tool. People from Manchester seem to take this weird sense of pride in him being from here, while still hating him completely.

This thread is definitely near the top of the list.

It is, but some of the posts in the equipment forum lately give it a run for it's money. The NIN one is just plain stupid though.

It is, but some of the posts in the equipment forum lately give it a run for it's money. The NIN one is just plain stupid though.

I stay out of there cause most people who go in there are complete morons. Do some Google searches and read wiki. Learn how audio works, learn common sense, go buy on amazon. Duh.

I stay out of there cause most people who go in there are complete morons. Do some Google searches and read wiki. Learn how audio works, learn common sense, go buy on amazon. Duh.

Yeah, it's bad. Someone asked why they were only getting quiet audio. He had a tt, a preamp and spliced speaker wire into rca out of the preamp. No amp. Hmm, wonder why it's quiet?

Brain, ordering your new set-up soon with all that Christmas cash?

Yesss very soon! Probably sometime in January I'll get everything ordered. I want to try that Amazon Prime Now deal we've got here in Portland. Apparently they have 1-2 hrs to deliver to you. I'd rather that and do it when I know I'll be home then risk any of that stuff being stuck on my porch.

Yesss very soon! Probably sometime in January I'll get everything ordered. I want to try that Amazon Prime Now deal we've got here in Portland. Apparently they have 1-2 hrs to deliver to you. I'd rather that and do it when I know I'll be home then risk any of that stuff being stuck on my porch.

Just a heads up, not everything is on Prime Now.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic