Training a new kid at work. Asked him to clean something. He legitimately asked me if he should point the nozzle of the spray bottle forward. Nah bruh, point it directly at your face.

When he left I just looked at the supervisor and said "No"

Haha, wow, that is really bad.

So we planned a NOLA vacation months ago and just this morning realized we'll be there for St Patrick's Day. Normally I hate the holiday, but shit is gonna get wild.

We already found a parade (with floats and shit) that's really just a pub crawl that we think we're gonna hit up.

Oh yeah. Those are pretty fun. How many days are you going to be in New Orleans? You'll be drunk that many days straight.

Training a new kid at work. Asked him to clean something. He legitimately asked me if he should point the nozzle of the spray bottle forward. Nah bruh, point it directly at your face.

When he left I just looked at the supervisor and said "No"

Half of my school has no concept of actually doing something for yourself or actually doing work. It's awful.

It gets up to the 90s-ish. But not the sticky humid summers like I'm used to. So its not bad to me at all. Summers in Portland are what I live for. They are perfect. It also gets chilly almost every night once the sun goes down. I do love it. Also there will be lots of bike riding this summer. I'v been biking a lot lately but the rain puts a little bit of a damper on it.

i wanna be there that sounds lovely <3

As The Story Grows (asthestorygrows.com) - Stephen from Tantrum of the Muse, and Travis from Crutch/Aletheian host it. Basically, if you gave a shit about Christian punk/metal/hardcore from the late 90's through early 2000's (and I gave SOOOO much of a shit back then) you'll love it.

The few podcasts I give a shit about are Lead Singer Syndrome (Shane Told interviews other frontmen of bands and discuss their music and connections), Nerdist Podcast (Chris Hardwick interviews tons of people), Chewin It (Two members of the Broken Lizard troupe discuss a wide range of stuff), Planet Destiny and Crucible Radio (Two Destiny related podcasts.) Last but not least, Smodcast and Fatman On Batman (Kevin Smith and friends talk pop culture in Smod and Batman/Comics on FMOB.)

The few podcasts I give a shit about are Lead Singer Syndrome (Shane Told interviews other frontmen of bands and discuss their music and connections), Nerdist Podcast (Chris Hardwick interviews tons of people), Chewin It (Two members of the Broken Lizard troupe discuss a wide range of stuff), Planet Destiny and Crucible Radio (Two Destiny related podcasts.) Last but not least, Smodcast and Fatman On Batman (Kevin Smith and friends talk pop culture in Smod and Batman/Comics on FMOB.)

The only podcast that matters is How Did This Get Made. I also sometimes listen to This American Life.

The only podcast that matters is How Did This Get Made. I also sometimes listen to This American Life.

I like Comedy Bang Bang a lot.  There are some other Earwolf ones I listen to as well, but that's the one I look forward to every week.  WTF has it's moments depending upon the guest.

Morning GHOST ! I have Dogma, a season of Big Bang Theory, Nightcrawler, Southpaw and America Ultra. The movie place by me went out of business so everything was $2.97. I got the first season of Silicon Valley for $2.97 ! Extremely happy about that.

I have seen none of them but heard good things about Southpaw!

Watched Southpaw last night, and I was very pleased with it. A few strong emotional moments in it. And like people have already said, Nightcrawler is very good. It ended and I said to my girlfriend, that could be a

tv show.

He's hilarious. I like the idea behind HDTGM. I just never want to watch the movie and listening to it w/o doing that doesn't work for me.

Yeah, we usually watch the movie if we're going to listen to it, but I've actually seen a lot of them anyway. I listened to Spider-Man 3 without watching the movie and still enjoyed it :)

Sorry to hear this Lauren.  I've been monitoring your company's situation (Yahoo or Travel, right?), and I can't say I'm surprised.  

I have a coder friend in Seattle.  He loves it.  Just think about all that money you would save by only paying $300 less in rent!

Look at all the young demog tech areas that are popping up.  Decent salaries, and not too big of area populations.  Hell, I've lived in a major college town for almost 8 yrs now, and I can't leave (because this is where a lot of east coast money comes in, most accepting place in my state, biggest lake in the state just south of me, national forest south of me, cost of living isn't high), etc.  Living here, I can travel within 3 hrs to major cities to see, usually, whatever I want for music.  

Plan wisely.  If you've made it in NYC that long, anywhere else shouldn't be too intimidating :P  

thank you <3

yeah. there were some general vague announcements over the past couple weeks, but nothing was really certain until yesterday. definitely looking to leave nyc and go somewhere cheaper and with trees! i'm super overwhelmed by the whole thing right now, but trying to at least look at options and figure out where i might want to go next. very open to any suggestions!

Yeah, we usually watch the movie if we're going to listen to it, but I've actually seen a lot of them anyway. I listened to Spider-Man 3 without watching the movie and still enjoyed it :)

I might subscribe and just listen to the ones I've seen.  I think all three of them are funny and tearing apart shit movies is something I like anyway.

I think it will! And thanks for the boost : )

What do I do with my portfolio? Update it when necessary, and use it to get more commissions or apply to jobs. It's a side project, but hopefully will lead to a job I desire.

I went to school for civil engineering and hated it entirely, but had worked marketing/graphic design at a radio station during school to keep myself happy, as I had always wanted to pursue that. Really, you just need a passion for it to improve your skills - I taught myself the basics of graphic design during high school, and drew/painted almost daily.

i've been trying to get into the graphic design world just as a side thing. I only took a few classes in college so I'm not that advanced yet. It really is fun but it bums me out that it's so competitive.  Like Charlie is amazing, absolutely amazing and I am not even close to his level.  I've just been doing a lot of online tutorials to learn more about it. I'm sure you're more advanced than me though. I just need to build a decent portfolio that I'm proud of.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic